Sub stores??

Nov 5, 2004
I love subs! They are probably one of my favourite foods! And the first thing I eat when I get back to Canada. Because I CANNOT find any places that make subs in the DR. I had my finacee driving around for hours trying to find me one. lol..unfortunatly we didn't find ANYTHING. (we looked in POP, Santiago and Santo Domingo.)
So does ANYONE know of ANY sub stores ANYWHERE in the DR??

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
PeachezNcream84 said:
I love subs! They are probably one of my favourite foods! And the first thing I eat when I get back to Canada. Because I CANNOT find any places that make subs in the DR. I had my finacee driving around for hours trying to find me one. lol..unfortunatly we didn't find ANYTHING. (we looked in POP, Santiago and Santo Domingo.)

I myself buy a large Italian bread, some Ham, Turkey and cheeze and make them in my apartment for myself and the kids. The sell the meats in all the supermarkets in Sosua and Puerto Plata.

Nov 5, 2004
Jimmydr said:
I myself buy a large Italian bread, some Ham, Turkey and cheeze and make them in my apartment for myself and the kids. The sell the meats in all the supermarkets in Sosua and Puerto Plata.
So there are really no sub stores then?
I would make my own..but it just doesn't taste the same! And what about sub sauce?

lol..ok..I get the point...make my own ;)

Nov 5, 2004
duhtree said:
ECH!! with all this wonderful food. Why??
oh trust me..I LOVE my Dominican food!!! And when I am in Canada I crave Dominican food. :)
But I just keep seeing thes ads on TV for Subway, when I am there...and when I am in Canada...that is one of my famourite things to eat.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
I can dig it, Pn'C. Go to Shark's Bar some time, usually weekends. Lou will be grilling up italian sausage with home made perrers and onions on a hero bun. Just like the Saint Gennaro's Fiest in NYC. Not quite as good but close.

Nov 5, 2004
duhtree said:
I can dig it, Pn'C. Go to Shark's Bar some time, usually weekends. Lou will be grilling up italian sausage with home made perrers and onions on a hero bun. Just like the Saint Gennaro's Fiest in NYC. Not quite as good but close.

mmm..yum sounds exciting! lol
Where abouts in Shark's Bar located in the DR??
I'm sure you know how it is..you want what you don't have..when I am in Canada I crave Dominican food..when I am Dominican I want some Candian food! lol...(More often though I want my Dominican food when I am Canada..luckliy I have just heard of a Dominican restaruant in Toronto..I think I will have to go try it out by the end of this week..I am very excited about this!!! hehehe) ;)

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
duhtree said:

Big Lou will be flying down with me this Tuesday, December 7th. He will be grilling those sausage and pepper subs by Tuesday night. NY Shark Bar, #66 Playa Sosua.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
PeachezNcream84 said:
mmm..yum sounds exciting! lol
Where abouts in Shark's Bar located in the DR??
I'm sure you know how it is..you want what you don't have..when I am in Canada I crave Dominican food..when I am Dominican I want some Candian food! lol...(More often though I want my Dominican food when I am Canada..luckliy I have just heard of a Dominican restaruant in Toronto..I think I will have to go try it out by the end of this week..I am very excited about this!!! hehehe) ;)

Right smack in the middle of the beach!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
PeachezNcream84 said:

hahahaha... are you in for a shock!

As my good friend JD has said, the closest you will come to finding a sub in the country is in Santo Domingo. Then again, that?s like wanting fish and only finding chicken, but it's still meat :)

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
subs?

Robert said:
hahahaha... are you in for a shock!

As my good friend JD has said, the closest you will come to finding a sub in the country is in Santo Domingo. Then again, that?s like wanting fish and only finding chicken, but it's still meat :)

have the colmado make you a torpedo. ham,salmi,cheese,tomato,olive oil,pan de auga

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
twhitehead said:
Any Subways in RD?

They went broke. They used to be in the Las Americas Airport when they started out but I don't know what happened to them. Dominicans seem to be attracted to greasy foods

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
No Subways in the D.R.... There used to be but they all had to close down within the last few years. Even when there were though, they were hard to eat.... old hard bread and discolored non fresh meats.

The closests ive come to a real "N. american style" sandwich in this country is at bagels N more in S.D. They're somewhat expensive but at least they're hygenic and have the taste down right.

Nov 5, 2004
Jimmydr said:
Now I heard it all, Sub shop, can't you wait til you get home?

Course I can wait! :)
Just as I mentioned before...After a few months of no subs..I start to crave them. Just like in Canada...after a few months of no Dominican food..I start to crave it!! ;)

p.s. thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I will probably be checking out Sharky's in December.