Room rates help

cutedevil

Nov 5, 2004
Dear All

Iam due to come to the Dominican Republic on the 20 December for three weeks. I have booked in at the apartments Castillo del Amber (puerto plata) i have stayed here several times and agreed a rate of 25 $ per night in august.

I have just heard from my friend who is staying there that they are charging people 45$ per night.

I would like advice on how i really stand in regards to if they try to (which i am certain they will) charge me 45$ instead of the agreed 25$. I know if you agree this in England then you have rights but as in the Dominican they make their own rules up.

what would be the best way to deal with this?

thanks

Linda

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
This is nothing new!

cutedevil said:
Dear All

Iam due to come to the Dominican Republic on the 20 December for three weeks. I have booked in at the apartments Castillo del Amber (puerto plata) i have stayed here several times and agreed a rate of 25 $ per night in august.

I have just heard from my friend who is staying there that they are charging people 45$ per night.

I would like advice on how i really stand in regards to if they try to (which i am certain they will) charge me 45$ instead of the agreed 25$. I know if you agree this in England then you have rights but as in the Dominican they make their own rules up.

what would be the best way to deal with this?

thanks

Linda

People in this Country often charge double or triple for the Xmas season and allmost allways for Easter......(Dominicans and Gringo's) You might want to try Puerto Plata Beach Resort on the Malecon, To the best of my knowledge they stick to RD.$800.00 Pesos or $US 28.00.
However they may have got on the Xmas band wagon to.

Gringo

cutedevil

Nov 5, 2004
Jimmydr said:
They might give you a preferred rate if you are a regular.

I class myself as a regular going twice a year and i have stayed here several times but they are always trying to push the price up every time.
t
I just want know how to deal with it because i don't want to be stuck when i get there. I can understand some increase but not DOUBLE. Also the rate of exhange at this time last year was $-38 pesos so it is not that much lower that it warrants charging double.

cutedevil

Nov 5, 2004
Gringo said:
People in this Country often charge double or triple for the Xmas season and allmost allways for Easter......(Dominicans and Gringo's) You might want to try Puerto Plata Beach Resort on the Malecon, To the best of my knowledge they stick to RD.$800.00 Pesos or $US 28.00.
However they may have got on the Xmas band wagon to.

Gringo
Dear Gringo

What is this price for? just a room?

I don't mind paying extra at christmas but when i am only getting a room i really don't think paying double is worth it.

Linda

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
cutedevil said:
I class myself as a regular going twice a year and i have stayed here several times but they are always trying to push the price up every time.
t
I just want know how to deal with it because i don't want to be stuck when i get there. I can understand some increase but not DOUBLE. Also the rate of exhange at this time last year was $-38 pesos so it is not that much lower that it warrants charging double.

For example, the Hotel In Caberete went from $38 off season to $95 during X Mas.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
re Linda
Why don't you just contact them, and ask for a confirmation ?

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Linda

And if yer still skepticle try asking them to email/fax you with a letter confirming you're rate information..

Tor said:
re Linda
Why don't you just contact them, and ask for a confirmation ?