is anyone here dating anyone from the sosua area??

susy

Sep 30, 2004
i'm in hamilton. i'm dating someone from the sosua/la union area. i was just wondering if there were other fellow toronto and surrounding areas that's also got someone over in the sosua/peurto plata areas that they're dating or keep in touch with i'd like to hear from you. send me a pm. i'm just looking to share stories, make a few friends, offer advice ....girls stuff.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
susy said:
i'm in hamilton. i'm dating someone from the sosua/la union area. i was just wondering if there were other fellow toronto and surrounding areas that's also got someone over in the sosua/peurto plata areas that they're dating or keep in touch with i'd like to hear from you. send me a pm. i'm just looking to share stories, make a few friends, offer advice ....girls stuff.

Hey Susy,

I'm not dating anyone currently, but I would love to hear your story, and I ton's of advice to offer, as I was in 2 year off-on relationship with me livin in Canada....share away ;)

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
susy said:

Aren't you the one who wrote the "adopt-a-sankie" post?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Yes.... but you don't "date" a serious Dominicana or Dominicano. It is either a love or nothing. The love of my life is a 7th grade science teacher during the mornings at the school on the F.A.D. base. She is with a degree in chemistry and is attending law school in Puerto Plata at night. She is a civilian member of the F.A.D. and is also the assistant to an F.A.D. captain in the afternoons. Her boss is as close to a brother as I could ever have. He introduced me to her and I thank God and him almost everyday for that! She gives to me as much (if not more) as I give to her. This is the way it is meant to be, even in the Dominican Republic. I am blessed and wish you all the same. Good luck!

Last edited:
susy said:

Be careful you might fnd someone who is also dating your man ;)
Badpiece

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
badpiece33 said:
Be careful you might fnd someone who is also dating your man ;)
Badpiece

this is true!!!! Oh well if you do, then you'll be able to get more dirt!!! Good luck!

susy

Sep 30, 2004
i might hear things but....

stormer said:
this is true!!!! Oh well if you do, then you'll be able to get more dirt!!! Good luck!

so far anything i have heard was all good and nothing for me to worry over. basically i'm just looking to make some friends.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Dear Susy...

I dated someone from Sosua for a while. She was nice, very accomodating and got angry with me when I behaved like an idiot, just like in a real relationship. Except for one thing-it was'nt a real relationship. And I never thought about what might lay ahead. Needless to say I thought long and hard over it and decided a few things.

1)Don't promise anyone ANYTHING that you do not have any intention on delivering. It's a bad karma thing more than anything else and I do not enjoy getting someones' hopes up for no reason, whatever the request may be.

2)If they get out of hand with requests for money or telling you they love you, CHECK THEM IMMEDIATELY. "I am on vacation and may never come back. So please stop it. Let's have fun while we are together, but if you plan on getting paid so badly maybe you are with the wrong person." They will get the message eventually.

Another friend that I made pretty much knew that I was seeing other girls and that I was'nt particularly serious about being with any one person or making a long-term realtionship out of it with her. She did'nt like it but accepted it and guess what? I have a nice friend that I speak to occasionally and plan to go back and see next time I go to Sosua. I treated her nice when I was with her, and she seemed comfortable enough with that.

Besides, it cuts down on alot of the BS that some of these girls feel they have to dole out to me. Like I'm sure this girl is'nt seeing someone else besides me. I kind of like to keep things real, a little too real for my own good sometimes but there you have it.

katty

Mar 14, 2003
the moral of the story is.....

If you ain't with them they are doing someone else.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Is this another sankie 101 class? No but it should be....

stallion said:
Is this another sankie 101 class?

Isn't it amazing? All 11 million Dominicans are doing each other and all the gringos as well. I resent these remarks! NO, not all Dominicans are doing each other and gringos. I have wrote this before and I will continue to write it. Get off the beach, out of the resort, learn the language and learn the culture. You will be amazed, truly amazed that this country is rich with culture. I resent the remarks by such misinformed people that strolled a little bit through a resort now have the entire country, it's people, it's culture and history all figured out by seeing a couple of low class chopos with a few even dumber gringos.

Please forgive me that I am not directing this at anyone personally. However, if you do take this personal then perhaps I struck a cord inside of you and there is truth in what I wrote. Stop the garbage of judging an entire country by a few dirtbags that hang around a resort town.

Now can we please get back to what this thread is all about????

katty

Mar 14, 2003
mr whatever dutchie whatever

I know what is up in DR every 6 months I am there. No joke I know what goes on, I see what happens u say itst BS well i see it like it is if you aint doing them someone else is

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
DominicanScotty said:
Isn't it amazing? All 11 million Dominicans are doing each other and all the gringos as well. I resent these remarks! NO, not all Dominicans are doing each other and gringos. I have wrote this before and I will continue to write it. Get off the beach, out of the resort, learn the language and learn the culture. You will be amazed, truly amazed that this country is rich with culture. I resent the remarks by such misinformed people that strolled a little bit through a resort now have the entire country, it's people, it's culture and history all figured out by seeing a couple of low class chopos with a few even dumber gringos.

Please forgive me that I am not directing this at anyone personally. However, if you do take this personal then perhaps I struck a cord inside of you and there is truth in what I wrote. Stop the garbage of judging an entire country by a few dirtbags that hang around a resort town.

Now can we please get back to what this thread is all about????

Very well said, DominicanScotty! By the way, I truly believe it is not the people originally from the town of Sosua that give the town a bad name, it's the ones that move there from all over the country to take advantage of the tourists and now live in Sosua that tarnish the town. You will find many, many quality people who were born and raised in Sosua.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
katty said:
I know what is up in DR every 6 months I am there. No joke I know what goes on, I see what happens u say itst BS well i see it like it is if you aint doing them someone else is

Maybe in your crowd... :cry:

There are lots of nice and good people in the DR, maybe you haven't met them yet

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
MerengueDutchie said:
Maybe in your crowd... :cry:

There are lots of nice and good people in the DR, maybe you haven't met them yet

si. es correcto. Katty, if you come to the DR more often your views will change. Like every place you go in the world, you get good people and bad people. La Republica Dominicana is the same. Most Dominicans I know are a lot nicer than some british people I know. Its just one of those facts that some people are honest and kind, some are nasty and dishonest.