where to learn spanish in Sto Domingo

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
My spanish is pretty good, everyone understands me fine. But I have some trouble understanding some people. Also, my knowledge of grammar is not adequate.

In Sto Domingo which school would you suggest I attend?

My native language is French and I do speak German but I feel inadequate in Spanish. Private lessons are a possibility but I would prefer a more structured environment and a chance to meet a few like minded persons.

I will be :glasses: soon a permanent resident of NACO

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Boston Institute" is on Kennedy,near Tiradentes,

But I would suggest one of the many Universities that teach all levels of Spanish,and you will meet lots of Dominican "Girls" on campus!!Cheap too! .....The "Lessons" that is! ;)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Dante Alighieri Institute located near the Club Naco in Naco neighborhood offers Spanish classes. Calle Manuel Perdomo 17A, Naco.
Tel: 227-2764

Other options are:

UNAPEC on Maximo Gomez Avenue; PUCMM on Abraham Lincoln Avenue corner Romulo Betancourt; ICDA on Abraham Lincoln corner Correa Cidron.

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
Criss Colon said:
But I would suggest one of the many Universities that teach all levels of Spanish,and you will meet lots of Dominican "Girls" on campus!!Cheap too! .....The "Lessons" that is! ;)
I like your suggestion!!!!! would you have a web site or name of university...I asked recently at the large public university and was told they do not offer spanish for foreigners....
Thank you

Californiana

Dec 8, 2004
One-on-one intensive Spanish at ENTRENA

ENTRENA is a bilingual, bicultural training, consulting, and education company in Ensanche Julieta, Santo Domingo. Among its diverse services, ENTRENA offers individualized Spanish courses to students, embassy personnel, development workers, and expatriates from North America and around the world. You can call or visit me (Alyssa) at our administrative office for more information on our Spanish language programs. The number is 567-8990 and we are located on Calle Virgilio Diaz Ordonez #42, Ensanche Julieta (conveniently located behind MultiCentro Churchill) in Santo Domingo. Hablaremos :)

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
Californiana said:
ENTRENA is a bilingual, bicultural training, consulting, and education company in Ensanche Julieta, Santo Domingo. Among its diverse services, ENTRENA offers individualized Spanish courses to students, embassy personnel, development workers, and expatriates from North America and around the world. You can call or visit me (Alyssa) at our administrative office for more information on our Spanish language programs. The number is 567-8990 and we are located on Calle Virgilio Diaz Ordonez #42, Ensanche Julieta (conveniently located behind MultiCentro Churchill) in Santo Domingo. Hablaremos :)

Gracias para la information!

Regresso a Sto Domingo la tercera semana de enero por 10 diaz.

Telfono a ti de Sto Domingo

Meanwhile...I am still working in Canada. I will be permanent resident in June next year I hope. But I could take some lessons when I am in Sto Domingo.
Normally I am here one week to 10 days every month.

Thanks for the info

Cheers