BBQ at my place on the 18th (Santo Domingo)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Here are the juicy details:

Suggestions for the menu:

- Gluten / Veggies kabobs (for our vegetarian friends)
- Chicken wings / legs / feet?etc? uhhhh
- Italian Sausages
- Beef (Palomia)
- Garlic / Rosemary bread
- Noodles salad
- Carrots / Anis / Sesame seed salad (real good stuff)
- Lots of cold Presidentes
- Etc?

So who?s in?? We all bring a piece of meat (or veggy) or side dish, and than we ?pig? out or ?veggie? out! ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sounds like fun :)

I'll bring some Cajun style burgers.

PM or Email me the address. Time as well.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If I'm here that weekend I'd love to join you. I'll confirm closer to the date and will bring veggie goodies.

PM me with the address, please.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
BBQ or Pizza!

What about these folks?
Dawnwil
Scandall
JDJones + wife - mask
Pib
Salome
The doctor
??

If there is only 3 of us, I?ll just order a large pizza with half meat, half veggies ?aahahha :cross-eye

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Perfect!

Now we have:

- Robert (confirmed)
- Escott (maybe)
- Chirimoya (maybe)
- Irene (confirmed)
- JDJones + wife - mask + fine wine (confirmed)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Scandall said:
Would this be an afternoon cookout or evening affair? I have my fingers crossed that you say beginning in the afternoon. Then I could at least be there for that portion.

RHM
www.randallhmiller.com

Wellllllllll...we were looking at 7 pm .... Will you have a book signing session that night or what? We cannot make it earlier than 5pm or we'll be BBQ ourselves from the sun in the backyard! ;)

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Robert, where are you from?

Robert said:
Sounds like fun :)

I'll bring some Cajun style burgers.

PM or Email me the address. Time as well.

I ask because you said Cajun style burgers. And how do you make a Cajun style burger?

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
So are we still on?

So folks what will it be? Will there be more of you joining us or do we wait till after the holidays when the fire crackers are all popped? Or should we have a BBQ reversal with this small group on Saturday and let you all know how stuffed we?ve got? ;)

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Sounds Great, I'd like to go, meet some DR1ers.
Add Naufrago+Naufraga also Naufragito (5) y Naufragita (6) any other kids?
PM the location.
My wife makes a great Dominican Potato salad, I'll bring some Brugal/Coke.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
We're on!

People it is official, we are on, BBQ this Saturday! Kids are more than welcome; my 4 year old will show them how to dance to Shakira! Pib, I do hope you can make it, and DJJones, we'll help you with your Rossi + wife or - wife!! ;)

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Charcoal.........

JDJones said:
and that doggone charcoal is expensive. I'd hate to bring a gallon of Carlos Rossi special reserve (with the screw off cap, no less) knowing that it probably wouldn't be consumed in it's entirety! My better half has already cancelled. She decided she is going to Puerto Plata instead, to spend the weekend on the farm.

Stop by any place that charcoals pollo...ask them to sell you a couple store plastic bags full of charcoal. They may do this for you. They buy it by the sack...huge sack of charcoal for 100 pesos or less. They would probably sell you a few bags for 50 pesos or less...or give it to you.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Snuffy said:
Stop by any place that charcoals pollo...ask them to sell you a couple store plastic bags full of charcoal. They may do this for you. They buy it by the sack...huge sack of charcoal for 100 pesos or less. They would probably sell you a few bags for 50 pesos or less...or give it to you.

The charcoal won't be a problem; the coldmado at the corner has it! We'll have both gaz and charcoal BBQs on to fit the cow we're gonna cook! :nervous:

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Of course

Chirimoya said:
I'm back now and awaiting your PM. If I'm invited, that is. ;)

Yabaddabbadooooooo!!! ;)

Who are the "veggie" eaters, so I know to get Gluten or not!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
If this is not a 'Sons of Canada' only affair, then please count me in (with a couple of kids). By the way, any good domino players in the group?

Mirador

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Mirador said:
If this is not a 'Sons of Canada' only affair, then please count me in (with a couple of kids). By the way, any good domino players in the group?

Mirador

Claro que no!! This is an "International BBQ", didn't you read Robert's menu; Cajun's slyle burgers!!! Glad you can make it! will PM you the details! ;)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Final Count

Here is the final count:
- JDJones ? wife + ? wine
- Robert
- Chirimoya
- Naufrago + Naufragoticos
- Mirador
- Irene
Friends of mine:
- 1 German
- 1 Brazilian
- 6 Canadians
- 1 Dominican
In case of rain (but it won?t), I?m known to cook over the BBQ with my ombrella!
I will see you all tomorrow! ;)

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
well thas certaintly a mix of nationalties in ther!! that shud be a blast have fun everyone!!! :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: