Doberman Puppy Needs Home

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
I have a 9 week old blue Doberman bitch pup available, Cabarete area.
Please pm for pics if interested.
Cheers,
Kim

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
No reason why she would not make a good pet, but remember dobermans are very protective by nature. She has been bred and raised in a home environment.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Kim & Paul said:
No reason why she would not make a good pet, but remember dobermans are very protective by nature. She has been bred and raised in a home environment.

I am wondering now, if I am only there 60 days a year, how will she act torwards me. I like the fact the dog will protect the family when I am away.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Jimmydr

"The Doberman is a loving, protective family dog if given the proper socialization and training. However, this bold and smart dog is bred to be dominant and will quickly assert itself over you if given the opportunity. The secret to a sweet, docile Doberman is firm but friendly handling. Socialize your Doberman at 12 weeks of age to be with other dogs, pets and people. This will prevent your dog from becoming too overprotective of his family and will assist him in developing an even temper.
Be firm and consistent when training your Doberman. Training should begin when your dog is a puppy. Also, the entire family should learn how to handle your Doberman, as these dogs will take control if they sense weakness or hesitation in their owners." ;)

You should search the web for info, I did when I wanted a dog for my kid and for protection, and found that Boxers where best for kids!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Jimmydr said:
Where do I find "Boxers"?

Most breeders have them here in the Capital and in Santiago, don't know anyone on the North Coast, but if you call up Vet offices they will tell you where to go. Wof!