What Medical Insurance company is best?

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Hi,

I have been a resident in the DR for a few years now but always had medical insurance through work. I am on out in the job market again and want to get my own insurance in the meanwhile... I used to deal with Popular but found that when I extended my coverage then wanted to cancel, their customer service was non-existant and they kept on charging me even after I cancelled twice! I had to actually push passed the secretary to get into the cs managers office to get those bills cancelled along with a copy of a cacellation letter I wrote and had them stamp as having been received

Anyone know of a good insurance company for the Santo Domingo area that includes Abel Gonzales? (That's the clinica my GP is affiliated with and he is good so I don't want to change ever...)

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Tiguerita

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They Are All Basically The Same!

I just called our "Encargada de Seguros Medicos" here in our Clinic in Santo Domingo.We are the biggest in the Country.She said that they are all basically the same!Same prices,same "coverage"! These are "local" companies,not international.
I had "Colonial",before we got employee insurance here at work.They have 3 levels of coverage,at 3 price levels.I liked their service.They recently "affiliated" with "CIGNA" of the USA.For whatever that is worth! Remember,there are a "LOT" of restrictions in Dominican coverage.They don't cover lots of chronic conditions/diseases,and they have annual coverage "Limits"! Be suse and understand,and have your "Coverage Manual" in hand!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Thank you

Thanks Cris,

You are the second person to recommend them to me, so I will check them out.

Tiguerita

Criss Colon said:
I just called our "Encargada de Seguros Medicos" here in our Clinic in Santo Domingo.We are the biggest in the Country.She said that they are all basically the same!Same prices,same "coverage"! These are "local" companies,not international.
I had "Colonial",before we got employee insurance here at work.They have 3 levels of coverage,at 3 price levels.I liked their service.They recently "affiliated" with "CIGNA" of the USA.For whatever that is worth! Remember,there are a "LOT" of restrictions in Dominican coverage.They don't cover lots of chronic conditions/diseases,and they have annual coverage "Limits"! Be suse and understand,and have your "Coverage Manual" in hand!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC