To all the drinker of Presidente Beer

N.C.

Oct 18, 2004
Presidente Beer is coming in a litre bottle and costing 60 pesos ;)
So enjoy it and go to drink beers hahahah.....

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
N.C. said:
Presidente Beer is coming in a litre bottle and costing 60 pesos ;)
So enjoy it and go to drink beers hahahah.....
lets all hope that they don't do what Bud, Coors, & Milkers did & put it in a plastic bottle (such a waste of beer.)

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
BigCity27 said:
lets all hope that they don't do what Bud, Coors, & Milkers did & put it in a plastic bottle (such a waste of beer.)

whats wrong with a plastic bottle? , it keeps the beer colder

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Not to mention the fact that the glass beer bottle is refillable, and therefore causes less of a waste problem, whereas plastic beer bottles in the DR simply go to litter or the trash heap.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
bottoms up, but "let's not forget the reason" why the Presidente company is making this move for... "According to Melo, the new bottle will encourage family and friends to get together during the holidays." Sort of gathering around a fire. Long live Presidente!...

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Keith R said:
Not to mention the fact that the glass beer bottle is refillable, and therefore causes less of a waste problem, whereas plastic beer bottles in the DR simply go to litter or the trash heap.

Let's not kid ourselves, that's where the vast majority of the glass ones go as far as I can tell.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Sorry Bill,"Plastic" does not keep the beer colder"!

It may "chill" faster in a plastic container,but once out of the "fridge",it will warm much faster in plastic than glass.The glass has more "mass",and will hold the "cold" longer.I like the 7 oz., "Presidentes",ice cold,two "swigs" take out another one! :cross-eye

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
tip of the day

the best thing to keep your Presidente (or Bohemia) ice cold to the last sip is to drink it from one of those bottle holders made of bamboo with a handle. However, the new litre bottles wont fit.

Mirador

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Pib said:
Not the beer bottles. The vast majority are re-used. The breweries buy them back.

It's good to know that Presidente reuses the bottles, and it's certainly possible my casual observations are faulty, since I've generally consumed a few when I have made them. It just seems to me that a lot of the bottles end up in the trash. With the solid waste disposal problems indemic to any island, anything that can be recycled/reused is a plus.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
People with wheelbarrows come to your home to buy empties off you & are really chuffed when you refuse the 1/2 peso per bottle, or whatever it is! They also take your rum bottles which are also reused........sometimes for other purposes (no not molotov cocktails, but for trementina, white spirits, etc). But try giving them a fancy brandy bottle or a wine bottle..........no dice!
The beer bottles you've seen thrown on the trash will be rescued next day by a kid looking to make a few centavos. All trash here is usually usable by someone. Try throwing out defunct electrical items & boy, it is party time round your trash bin! ;)

If when you move here, you hear the cry 'botellERo' it means the bottle man is in your street to collect your empties.

Last edited: