An Encouraging Article I think every Dominican Should Read!!

neverlost

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 7, 2004
This is from a Black-American reporter writing about her trip to The DR.

http://www.thetallahasseenews.com

'Visiting the
Dominican
Republic
makes me
want to
discover
my own roots'

By Thometta Cozart
Special correspondent

"What is my culture as an African-American?"

Removed - Copyrighted material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
Not very coherent

This article is imprecise (Columbus landed in the Dominican Republic before going to 'discover' the US???) and shows the Spanish heritage of the DR, not the African. What's the point?

neverlost

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 7, 2004
Positivity

Spirit7 said:
This article is imprecise (Columbus landed in the Dominican Republic before going to 'discover' the US???) and shows the Spanish heritage of the DR, not the African. What's the point?

Being Both, Black and Dominican it's good to here something Positive about Dominicans From a Black-American! :) :) :)

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Spirit7 said:

You did not get her point?
She is talking about how rich in history DR is and how much she ignored her roots but now she wants to learn about it. She is talking about the discrimination in the country if you are not of light complexion, many similarities to the African American culture and how we dominicans will try to deny our Afrikaness.

I think her main message is to dominicans not to deny our afrikan roots and embrace Africans americans as our people too.