presidente by the keg

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
As we start to think about our move more questions come up. Our new question is can you purchase Presidente beer by the keg and can you get CO2 bottles to run your tap.

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
Bob K said:
As we start to think about our move more questions come up. Our new question is can you purchase Presidente beer by the keg and can you get CO2 bottles to run your tap.

A friend of mine who made enquiries who owns a bar made enquires about this believing it would be cheaper but alas no it works out much more expensive then buying the crates! In other countries it does work out cheaper but not here due to the cost of CO2 tanks and equipment hire.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Bolt said:
A friend of mine who made enquiries who owns a bar made enquires about this believing it would be cheaper but alas no it works out much more expensive then buying the crates! In other countries it does work out cheaper but not here due to the cost of CO2 tanks and equipment hire.
We would be bringing our own beer cooler, taps and CO2 tank. Only need beer and refills on the co2

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
Bob K said:
We would be bringing our own beer cooler, taps and CO2 tank. Only need beer and refills on the co2

Unless someone else can help and i never seen a bar here using CO2 you need to contact Presidente directly and ask them. I only have ever seen the truck pull up and unload crates of beer bottles. You need to factor in cost of import tax and shipping of your equipment plus source to refill the CO2. i think you need to be selling HUGE amounts to make it viable. The "busy" bars round here are only shifting about 40 crates a week in my area but i know the AI hotels use CO2 but then they dispense in to plastic beakers most of the time or glass in the resturants. Its customary for most people to drink out of the bottle so your savings will have to go on hiring someone to collect glasses and wash them up;)

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Bolt said:
Unless someone else can help and i never seen a bar here using CO2 you need to contact Presidente directly and ask them. I only have ever seen the truck pull up and unload crates of beer bottles. You need to factor in cost of import tax and shipping of your equipment plus source to refill the CO2. i think you need to be selling HUGE amounts to make it viable. The "busy" bars round here are only shifting about 40 crates a week in my area but i know the AI hotels use CO2 but then they dispense in to plastic beakers most of the time or glass in the resturants. Its customary for most people to drink out of the bottle so your savings will have to go on hiring someone to collect glasses and wash them up;)
Actually this is for personal use and not for sale. We like having a beer tap in the house. So I guess I will need to check our places to fill CO2 bottles.

Buck69

Jul 29, 2004
Bob K said:
Actually this is for personal use and not for sale. We like having a beer tap in the house. So I guess I will need to check our places to fill CO2 bottles.
at any welding supple place has co2 & the beer would less expenesive

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hassle!

as far as I know it is far easier to stick with the Presidente bottles....kegs and beer on tap are not very popular in DR it seems....actually the only beer I had on tap there was Barcelo i think...at some resort in Boca Chica! :beard:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
jalencastro said:
as far as I know it is far easier to stick with the Presidente bottles....kegs and beer on tap are not very popular in DR it seems....actually the only beer I had on tap there was Barcelo i think...at some resort in Boca Chica! :beard:
Thanks for all of your responses. We will leave the taps in the US and drink liter bottles instead.