Video Camera and Local Electricity...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I brought my video camera here from the USA a couple months ago. I used it once upon arriving and it appeared to be fine but now it seems to be acting strange. It seems to record okay but when I go to play it back...it will play back fine if I play back right after I record something. But once I go a day or so and then play what I record...the picture appears off frequency...skipping. All the while I am having the recorder plugged into the wall outlet and using elec power versus battery.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced similiar problem. Was thinking it may have to do with different output levels from day to day of electricity.

Or my camera has bit the dust.

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
Sounds like it has some dirt on the heads or adjustment needed. One other thing if you have super cool AC apartment and take the cam outside you should wait for an hour to allow the camera to get up to the outside temp and allow humidity to disperce from the cold parts.

The electric is very unlikely to cause the problem. Almost all cams use switch mode PSU's to regulate and charge the battery correctly from anything around 80v to 260v