Temporary fuel shortage possible.

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
There is some sort of delay going on at the Refinery that is causing a backlog of fuel dispatches. I'm not sure of what the problem is, but if I find out the reason I will post it right away. Expect some gas stations, especially high volume stations, to experience temporary shortages until the situation normalizes. Anyone low on diesel or planning a trip should keep this in mind. Just a heads up, Greg

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
whoa

Coastal said:
There is some sort of delay going on at the Refinery that is causing a backlog of fuel dispatches. I'm not sure of what the problem is, but if I find out the reason I will post it right away. Expect some gas stations, especially high volume stations, to experience temporary shortages until the situation normalizes. Anyone low on diesel or planning a trip should keep this in mind. Just a heads up, Greg
thanks for the heads up! i hope there isnt a drought while im there cause if there is no power in the campos then i wont have gas to run la planta with! damn.... :beard:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for heads up, Greg. I assume this also applies to diesel for generators.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Congrats Coastal!! A real public service!!

Thank you from all of us! Especially those with diesel SUVs, ie me. Please keep up the great work. Many are grateful. few speak or write; such is human nature! Perhaps your reward is in the next world?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
There is some sort of delay

It's an artificial shortage, by the refinery's speculative manipulation of supply. It's no coincidence that there's a cold wave in the US Northeast, or that reserves are lower than expected. With today's 6% jump in the price of crude futures, and probable increases in the coming days, if I was the refinery I would also hold up my dispatches for an extra 5% to 10% profit two weeks down the road.

Mirador