Body of resident French bussinesman found

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
El Nacional reports that this Frenchman was a resident of Boca Chica and his throat was cut. A large amount of money-euros- was also taken. He was only 27. Another Frenchman, a friend of his who lives on the same Boca Chica street, identified the body.

Delincuentes, hasta el momento desconocidos, degollaron y despojaron de una fuerte suma de euros a un joven comerciante franc?s, a quien abandonaron en los arrecifes pr?ximos al kil?metro 13 1/2 de la autopista Las Am?ricas.

La v?ctima es Jean Daniel S?nchez, de 27 a?os de edad, quien resid?a en la calle Sur, n?mero 25 de Boca Chica.

Se conoci? que el hoy occiso ten?a negocios en la tur?stica comunidad de Boca Chica.

El cad?ver del franc?s fue encontrado el pasado d?a 12 en horas de la ma?ana, pero fue este mi?rcoles cuando fue identificado en el Instituto de Patolog?a Forense por su amigo y compatriota Pierre Louis Duperrier, de 54 a?os, quien dijo desconocer las circunstancias del crimen.

Louis Duperrier reside tambi?n en Boca Chica en la calle Sur, n?mero 14.

De acuerdo a el informe legista S?nchez fue degollado con una arma cortante, en circunstancias todav?a desconocidas.

Varios agentes policiales investigan el crimen y hasta el momento han entrevistado a varias personas en busca de pistas que den con los responsables del hecho.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
that's really bad news! i'm still deciding whether to go to BC or Cuba. thanks for sharing the news.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sounds very fishy to me

27 and with a lot of ??? Living with a 54 year old? Both French?

Boca Chica?

Unwise decision to flash money...but with that crowd, who knows..??

Liam: Try the North Coast......when it dries out??!! Man, what rain. Skies have opened up!

HB :D

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
I don't think they were living together, info from french BC people on an other board says were socios in a rent-a-quad business.

Barnab?

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
I just wonder..............

liam1 said:
that's really bad news! i'm still deciding whether to go to BC or Cuba. thanks for sharing the news.

Please don?t take it personal Liam1 but I wonder if this should influence your decision to go to one of the places. In general I wonder if the risk of being a victim of a robbery is bigger in the DR.

The 2nd of January I am moving myself to the north coast and have been thinking about how dangerous it will be. When I started looking around however in the town I live now (Oslo/Norway) then the chance for me being robbed here is very high as well.
Just the last 2 months we had a.o. a guy stabbing the taxi driver to dead because he couldn?t pay the bill, a guy stabbing a guy to dead and wounded 7 others because he didn?t get asylum, and so on, and so on.

Personally I feel very safe everywhere. I am a big guy and have a nice history of training martial arts. I have eyes in the back of my head by nature and feel tension long before things start to go wrong. On the other side, if somebody puts a gun on my head I am worth nothing like most of us.

In general we don?t really live in a safe world. Question for the people in general: Do you feel safer in your place from origin then when you?re in the DR?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Safety

I am a small female, obviously a foreigner living on the north coast. I feel safe most of the time. I feel just as safe here as where I came from in Canada!

FOr the most part safety is about being smart! IT is about carrying yourself with self confidence, not flashing expensive items, jewellery, cameras etc. It is about taking precautions and not putting yourself at undue risk.

Right now there are more robberies etc going on because of the time of year. People have more money and there is more partying going on. That combination makes them easy pickings! And, people are somewhat desperate! They are seeing opportunities and acting on them.

We need to not blow this out of proportion but not hide our heads in the sand either. there is a problem with crime here. There are problems with crime all over the world! Get smart, protect yourself. BUT, don't stay away because of this. Just use your head when you are here.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Somehow I feel that there has to be more to this story than just a random robbery and murder. They probably knew the victim or had been following him. Perhps robbery was not even the main motive, even thoug the money was taken. Anyway, I know it's only speculations, but why couldn't they just take his money and not his life? Maybe he knew the persons or maybe the real intention was to kill him. Police should get to work quickly and dissipate any doubts so that people in general sepan a que atenerse.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
What is it with the French flashing large sums of Euro's around???

There was a French couple badly beaten and robben of a half million Euro's from their "finca/villa" just last week. They live on the highway between Juan Dolio and San Pedro and last I heard were still in hospital in serious to critical condition! The area their house is in is VERY isolated and apparently the police did not respond when called but rather waited until the next day to visit the scene of the crime.
Who in their right mind keeps that kind of cash in the house???? AND lets it be known that it's there by "flashing" it in public???? That kind of behaviour evokes criminal actions even at home in France or here in North America!!
It's a no brainer as to why "death" often occurs in these instances as the robber doesn't want to be identified by the victim.

May The Powers Above keep us from fools such as these......they give a bad reputation to the island and the areas where these crimes take place!!

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Hillbilly, let's be serious, or at least let be know, most people in the civilized

World don't expect to get thier througt cut if a large amount of money is seen on them. The Responses bespeak of an unspoken truth about DR. I think of all those people on this board who will say it is no more dangerous than any other area of the world. Well things are getting worst and things were never really that good to start with.

-Lee

Hillbilly said:
27 and with a lot of ??? Living with a 54 year old? Both French?

Boca Chica?

Unwise decision to flash money...but with that crowd, who knows..??

Liam: Try the North Coast......when it dries out??!! Man, what rain. Skies have opened up!

HB :D

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
It's a shame

You know, when you have a mix of first-world citizens vacationing or living in a third-world country and when some of those first world citizens get involved in dubious relationships with the locals (be they business, sexual or whatever), occasional episodes of robbery, murder, etc., where financial interests are the main driving force, are bound to happen.

In fact, all things considered, and due to the Dominicans' easy-going lifestyle, I think these episodes are rare and that is something to be kept in mind when an occasional, well-publicized episode occurs. All in all, the DR is
still one of the safest countries in Latin America and perhaps the Western Hemisphere.