Christmas Presents for Kids in Sosua

shopgirl

Nov 13, 2003
I remember reading last year about people delivering Christmas presents to the children in Sosua. Are people doing this again this year, and if so, when? I will be there a few days after Christmas and thought about bringing some gifts with me. Any info will be appreciated!
Thanks!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
shopgirl said:
I remember reading last year about people delivering Christmas presents to the children in Sosua. Are people doing this again this year, and if so, when? I will be there a few days after Christmas and thought about bringing some gifts with me. Any info will be appreciated!
Thanks!
Rockys does a New Years ever Christmas present drive every year. Presents are given out on New years eve and this has been done for years. Last Thanksgiving we did a fund raiser at our dinner but not this year. A bunch of people just gave Marco money for presents myself included.

So bring em in wrapped if you can to Rockys on Calle DR. Rosen #22. 571-2951 is the number if you want to call. If you can't bring em in wrapped Marco will wrap them for you.

Escott

shopgirl

Nov 13, 2003
Escott said:
Rockys does a New Years ever Christmas present drive every year. Presents are given out on New years eve and this has been done for years. Last Thanksgiving we did a fund raiser at our dinner but not this year. A bunch of people just gave Marco money for presents myself included.

So bring em in wrapped if you can to Rockys on Calle DR. Rosen #22. 571-2951 is the number if you want to call. If you can't bring em in wrapped Marco will wrap them for you.

Escott

Thanks Escott...will do!

shopgirl

Nov 13, 2003
Escott said:
Cool, I am looking at a tree with over 100 presents already. There will probably be several hundred by then. On NY Eve you can go with the others giving them out also. Been done for years already.

That is so nice...It makes me happy to know that there are so many people out there that are willing to help make a difference in a child's life! Mu husband and I are arriving on the 28th, what time do people get together on New Years Eve?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
New Year's Eve

shopgirl said:
That is so nice...It makes me happy to know that there are so many people out there that are willing to help make a difference in a child's life! Mu husband and I are arriving on the 28th, what time do people get together on New Years Eve?

Most people try to arrive fashionably late, some time after 8 PM, to eat the last supper of the year, then to party. As it is an open bar and we have more champagne than you can imagine, you might not make to midnight if you start too early.
It would be good to bring the presents by for wrapping ahead of time, if they are not already wrapped.
We colour code them blue for boys, red for girls and green for toddlers.
Regards, Marco.