Back again!

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
After my usual stopover in Paris (with the ubiquitous Mojito in the club Barrio Latino and then dinner including fantastic oysters in Le Bar a Huitre in Blvd Beaumarchais) I am back again in Santo Domingo.

I am staying at Plaza Florida as usual. Very good value for money, even if they have put up the price since my last stay in August. Now they charge 68 RD per night for stays of one week or longer and 72 RD for short stays. That is for a good size room with kitchen. Excellent since I usually prefer cooking my own breakfast.

And if you like, Supermercado National is within easy walking distance. You can have breakfast there, for example chicken sandwhich, fruit juice and coffee for 150 RD (16 Dec. 2004). Good food and fun place for people watching.

When I was here in October, I stayed in Sofitel in Zona Colonial. Somewhat expensive but of course with excellent location smack in the middle of Zona Colonial. Oh, and I got frequent flyer points on my Air France card! Very important! Hahahaha!

On the flight from Paris, I soon became aware that there were dominicans on the flight. They are the only people I know, who upon seeing a friend sitting 10 rows away, scream HOLA!!! all over the cabin. Hm!? Why walking up to a friend and then talk in a normal voice so as not to disturb other people, when you can scream from far away!

There were a zillion people at the Las Americas airport, all queing to buy the tourist card. I always find it amusing that Air France advise that visitors need to buy the tourist card upon arrival for 10 US dollars and that they do it when you are already in the air. This important information should of course be given upon checking in at the airport, to give people a chance to get dollars and in the correct denomination. Well, anyway, for those reading this, now you know!

Well, for those of you being curious, my every second month visit to DR since last summer ends in February 2005, when I go to Hong Kong, Singapore and parts of Malaysia instead, including island hopping in Langkawi. Get's a bit boring to go to DR all the time.

It's funny, isn't it, how easy it is to become open and personal in a public forum like this one!

Merry Christmas, everybody!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
say what

Voyager said:
I am staying at Plaza Florida as usual. Very good value for money, even if they have put up the price since my last stay in August. Now they charge 68 RD per night for stays of one week or longer and 72 RD for short stays. That is for a good size room with kitchen. Excellent since I usually prefer cooking my own breakfast.

HOW MUCH!!!!! Are we missing zero's?????? :bandit:

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Oops!!!

bienamor said:
HOW MUCH!!!!! Are we missing zero's?????? :bandit:

Sometimes, my fingers are quicker than my brain!

I mean US DOLLARS of course!!

Thanks for being observative!

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Please leave a message!!! Por favor!

Pib said:
Welcome! I am glad to hear you are back.

Hopefully you and the doc will have time for a coffee, although I will understand if you don't. ;)

Hola, amiga!

We will be away for the weekend, so maybe next week, Mon or Tues? (I leave on Wednesday night)

Please leave a message to the hotel!!! Give the reception your phone nr, so I can reach you.

Or you can call The Doctor! You have her business card with mobile, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
wow

Voyager said:
Sometimes, my fingers are quicker than my brain!

I mean US DOLLARS of course!!

Thanks for being observative!

OK I was getting ready to move out of my apt.!!!! thanks for the update