Domincan Citizen

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
hey everyone, i have noticed few posts about how to become a Domincan citizen,,well here is my experience i hope it helps..

1- i went to the Consulado Domincano in NYC where i live, and got my American Birth certificate translated and legalized for a very ridculous fee of $25.00 and $75.00 = $100..

2- since my paretns are both born Domincan and have Cedula's , i was able to speed up the process.. i went to the JCE in Santo Domingo by Plaza de la banderas , i beleive this is the HQ, i spoke to a young man he gave me the paper work i needed and send me to the " legalizacion unit"
what for, since i laready had this done in NY, but u guys know how these Politicos are..anyways,,i went the next morning it took me about 5 hrs,a nd 600.00 pesos to get this done....then i went back to the JCE and gave him the appliation, my documents legalized twice, my moms cedula # and copies of everything i think aboiut 5 copies of each document and of i went to the beach...

3- i came back the next day, he gave me a paper which i was to bring to the same office that game my mom her Birth Certificate when she was born,,( i didn't go, i had to come back to NY) my mom went and they made me a Domincan legal Birth Certificate ..

4- this was during the week of 11/6-11/14, know im in NY spoke to my mom last week and told me that she had my Domincan Birth certifcate since before December...know when she gets back in January, with my new BCertificate i can go to the JCE office in NYC and get my cedula.

5- ok..
so i guess those of you who want your citizenship, its alot easier to become one then becoming a resident , wait and then apply for citizenship , makes no sence..
i guess soem of u can ue your Husbans/Wife cedula if they are Domincan citizens,,,,and your wedding certificate.........

as to the rest of you, i wouldnt know,
this is just form my experiecne,..
which honeslty went pretty smmothly

here is where i went
Plaza de la Banderas
809-539-5419
exts.2248 or 2385..

Goodluck ..
know im Domincan/American,,double nationality,...

why i did this, its very convenient for school and many other things im not yet aware of,,but i know this step will save me many headaches..and hopefully $$$$$$

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow

Gimabella said:
hey everyone, i have noticed few posts about how to become a Domincan citizen,,well here is my experience i hope it helps..

1- i went to the Consulado Domincano in NYC where i live, and got my American Birth certificate translated and legalized for a very ridculous fee of $25.00 and $75.00 = $100..

2- since my paretns are both born Domincan and have Cedula's , i was able to speed up the process.. i went to the JCE in Santo Domingo by Plaza de la banderas , i beleive this is the HQ, i spoke to a young man he gave me the paper work i needed and send me to the " legalizacion unit"
what for, since i laready had this done in NY, but u guys know how these Politicos are..anyways,,i went the next morning it took me about 5 hrs,a nd 600.00 pesos to get this done....then i went back to the JCE and gave him the appliation, my documents legalized twice, my moms cedula # and copies of everything i think aboiut 5 copies of each document and of i went to the beach...

3- i came back the next day, he gave me a paper which i was to bring to the same office that game my mom her Birth Certificate when she was born,,( i didn't go, i had to come back to NY) my mom went and they made me a Domincan legal Birth Certificate ..

4- this was during the week of 11/6-11/14, know im in NY spoke to my mom last week and told me that she had my Domincan Birth certifcate since before December...know when she gets back in January, with my new BCertificate i can go to the JCE office in NYC and get my cedula.

5- ok..
so i guess those of you who want your citizenship, its alot easier to become one then becoming a resident , wait and then apply for citizenship , makes no sence..
i guess soem of u can ue your Husbans/Wife cedula if they are Domincan citizens,,,,and your wedding certificate.........

as to the rest of you, i wouldnt know,
this is just form my experiecne,..
which honeslty went pretty smmothly

here is where i went
Plaza de la Banderas
809-539-5419
exts.2248 or 2385..

Goodluck ..
know im Domincan/American,,double nationality,...

why i did this, its very convenient for school and many other things im not yet aware of,,but i know this step will save me many headaches..and hopefully $$$$$$
very nice, when i get back from DR i will ask you more questions.
my concern is bringing some of my fiancee's family over to the US to attend our wedding...i dont know where to start, but i will ask around when i get there. we are looking to bring her grandmother and one niece, thats all :beard: