Need bridge players!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a small band of hardy bridge players in Santiago; a couple of old Dutchmen and a younger Dutchman, a grandmother that swears like a trooper, and one or two others. Because of travel, business and other commitments, it is often hard to get a table together.

Generally speaking one person hosts the night each week on a rotating basis. This includes: Something to eat and nibble, vodka and tonic water, rum and lemons, Diet coke and regular Coca-Cola and score pads.

If there is anyone within a reasonable drive of Santiago, please send me a PM or an email. We finish playing at about 11:30, starting at 8 sharp. If you are interested in learning to play this international card game of skill and wit, you can certainly start now, so beginners are invited.

HB

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
If any of you guys (and gals) are here in La Capital, and want to play bridge, just give me a call, and I'll host.. I'd be more than willing to join you in Santiago, but I guess I'm just too lazy to drive...

Mirador

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I always wanted to learn how to play bridge (My in-laws are hardcore bridge players, my father-in-law (teaming with his lawyer) was the Danish champion a few years back), but I haven't been able to find anyone to teach me. I'd love to play with them one day. My husband knows the basics but he's not interested in teaching me that. :tired:

Is there any way I can learn on my own?

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Bridge

I will have to wait a few more years before joining the bridge circuit in Santiago. Good Luck in finding willing players.

JD

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Found a site for beginners

http://www.rpbridge.net/1a00.htm Never played, but it sounds like fun. Does anyone have a copy of "The Idiot's Guide to Bridge"? I'm sure there must be one........ :confused:

Which night do you play? Can't speak for my better half, but I'm game to give it a try. Villa Gonzalez isn't that far and not too snakey! If the game starts at 8:00, do folks come early to eat? I like the feeding/eating part! More info please.

Dianne

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
No Problem

Hey Scott, you are always welcome at the VG Hilton ;) ...........We can even arrange for secure parking for White Buffalo.

Dianne

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The hovel has a few extra bed

So If you want, just let me know and I will try and set it up..AND, we too have secure parking-----------I hope!

HB