Ok Every One What's The Real Deal??

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
I have heard and read here in DR1 about "buying a cedula"
I know it can be done But.......
1- How legal is it ?
2- If some one "swipes it" or runs the number will it come back as the person on the card?
3- What would be the least incriminating test to see if it works?

I have a friend who has an attorney who gets all the paper work, Birth Cert., Blood Tests, Xray results etc. And all one has to do is go to the Captial take the picture and pick it up. For around 10,000.00 Pesos.
How legit would it be?
What would happen if you get caught?

Thanking everyone in advance,

Blanca

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Each time I've renewed my cedula as a foreigner here it's been free!

If you're talking about false documentation etc read the local papers! Bit of a shindig at present about Civil Registry Office, who provided false birth certifs, passports, citizenship etc. Of all times, now is not a good one to even contemplate going this route!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
blanca said:
I have heard and read here in DR1 about "buying a cedula"
I know it can be done But.......
1- How legal is it ?
2- If some one "swipes it" or runs the number will it come back as the person on the card?
3- What would be the least incriminating test to see if it works?

I have a friend who has an attorney who gets all the paper work, Birth Cert., Blood Tests, Xray results etc. And all one has to do is go to the Captial take the picture and pick it up. For around 10,000.00 Pesos.
How legit would it be?
What would happen if you get caught?

Thanking everyone in advance,

Blanca

100% illegal.

Buyer beware and don't tell us we didn't tell you so.

Next...

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Buying a cedula was easier in the old days when it was just a piece of paper with the information typed in and there wasn't much the central office controled. Not so easy now. In my guesstimation you would have to bribe a VERY HIGH off officer to do so, we are not talking peanuts here. Besides the new authorities may not be so thrilled when you try to bribe them. And I don't see why anyone who can enter the country legally would go the most expensive route.

Counterfeit documents is another matter. I doubt they will get you anywhere, it seems like even mom and pops stores can run your cedula number through the JCE database nowadays and see your information (which concerns me). If you are not in the JCE database your cedula is as good as monopoly money.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
As has happened every time there is a change of government, the Immigration Department is currently reviewing some quick residencies done in this manner during the Mejia Administration.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey! Idiot!! They're FREE

Why pay someone for something that is free???

You get your a$$ in a sling, and it does not do that much.

What is the rush? You take your time, get your residence, for pennies, really, and then you get your cedula for free!!

HB :D:D