Calling to and from us to Dr

mankind

Mar 6, 2004
Hola a todos!
I'm going to be studying in Santiago this Spring at PUCMM, and I was just wondering what would be the most affordable way to call the US from Dominican Republic. Thanks a lot and have a great day!!!!

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Call for free

Well, if you have a internet connection. I know its not allowed to promote other internet sites but I hope Robert understands: I am using skype on my laptop since a while and I love it. You can get it on the internet most likely under the name and then .com. ;)

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
mankind said:
Hola a todos!
I'm going to be studying in Santiago this Spring at PUCMM, and I was just wondering what would be the most affordable way to call the US from Dominican Republic. Thanks a lot and have a great day!!!!
found this thread about calling from the Dominican Republic (http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36434)

Not quite sure about calling to the Dominican Republic from the U.S.A

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Yahoo Messenger

All you need is a cheap microphone.
Most new laptops have one built in.
Just download YAHOO messenger and you can talk for free!

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
a Verizon $100DR peso card gives you about 12 minutes to the US. Going to a phone center sometimes gives you better rates.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
badpiece33 said:
I would hook up a cell phone with Verizon in Santiago and use calling cards and remember all incoming calls are free in DR as for calling from the USA to DR i use Tel 3 which gives a great rate. ;)
http://www.tel3advantage.com/?AgentNumber=740758

Badpiece
I just started using Tel 3 to call from NY to Sosua. The rate is good, but the service is terrible - bad connections or no connection at all. Is your service good? - D

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
badpiece33 said:
My service has been good so far and I like the convenience of connecting my account to my home,cell and office numbers.

I just experimented using the 800 number instead of the local access number, and it is much, much better. Using it with my cell is very convenient. Thanks, D