Twin-Aisle Aircraft -vs- Single Aisle

Merengue

Dec 10, 2003
Wich one is preferred by the Dominican people and tourist?.
-
Cual es la clase de avion preferido por los Dominicanos y los turistas aviones de dos pasillos o de un pasillo?.

Apr 26, 2002
I know for a fact that I speak for all Dominicans and tourists when I say ...

... that we all prefer, without exception, wide-body aircraft.

Any other questions for us? ;)

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
From my experience, they prefer the one that gets them there on time, with a meal and WITH their luggage!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Since Dominicans can NEVER find their assigned seat,

and then NEVER sit down until the Captain yells at them,I doubt they really care!ccccccccccccccccc

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Dominican prefer a wider-body aircraft due to luggage and pax. Thats why American Airlines used airbus A300 from Boston,New york,Miami and San Juan to Dominican Republic.

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
astute airlines...

US carriers use wide body aircrafts because it gives 'em more revenue.
As you know, most Dominicans travel to Quisqueya during the holidays, and Dominicans by nature (and culture) tend to want to bring a piece of Americana to ALL their relatives and friends on the island. They tend to literally pack everything including the kitchen sink.

Wide body aircrafts can carry more luggage, cargo (which since 9-11 has been the number one money maker for US based airlines). Also, with the rising price of crude, airlines fill 'em up and send 'em out, this way they have to buy less jet fuel when a plane is abroad.

Many airlines have emplaced "embargos" on some Latin American countries (including you guessed it DR) during the holiday seasons, meaning you are limited to 2 checked bags(each up to 70lbs), one carry on (max 40lbs). During these embargos, no excess bags, over weight, oversize is permitted; when there's no embargo, you are allowed to pay for excess bags, weight up to 100lbs, after that, it must be shipped through cargo. Late, as many airlines try to bring back frequent travelers, they've swallowed their pride and have accepted extra bags in order to generate revenue. I read on the NY times that certain carrier made over 1million dollars 4 consecutive months on excess bags alone! yet they claim they're on the brink of bankruptcy! the irony....! :cheeky:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Dependable Service>>>>>>>

Merengue said:
Wich one is preferred by the Dominican people and tourist?.
-
Cual es la clase de avion preferido por los Dominicanos y los turistas aviones de dos pasillos o de un pasillo?.

What is the reason for this question?

The number of aisles on the aircraft would not be a high consideration for aircraft/airline selection. I would suggest the choice of the Dominican people and tourist is to have the dependable service of an economically viable airline, reasonable fares, and one that will depart and arrive as scheduled.

Regards,
PJT