SD to POP

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it takes to drive from Santo Domingo to POP. I am flying into Santo Domingo in a couple of weeks but would like drive North to meet up with some friends. I will be using my parents SUV which I've driven around Santo Domingo before. This would be my first time driving up North so I am also wondering if it would be a better bet to take an express bus. If so where can I find information regarding express bus schedule and fares. Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Techie

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It should take about 3 hours, possibly slightly more. Depending on the timing, getting out of SD can be slow. SD-Santiago is a straightforward 4-6 lane highway. If you get onto the Puerto Plata road without getting lost in Santiago you should be OK. The Santiago-Puerto Plata bit is more of a slog because of the hills and curves.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Jimmydr said:
If you don't get lost and confused, no more than 4 hours. The bus may be 5 hours.

Hi,

Depending on time of day, if morning it should take you 4 hoyrs because of traffic or 3 to 3 1/2 in the afternoon. You can find bus schedulle through the metro bus terminal or caribe tours. Bus travel takes close to 5 hours because of stops in santiago and near by towns. Good luck.