Guess Who's Back

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Dearest DR1 Friends,
I am back, alive and kicking. My Holiday in the Iraq was very short lived Thanks to a healthy dose of luck. I've been back in NY for a couple of Months now but I've been going crazy catching up with family, friends, work and gearing up for a second round in grad school.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for me and wrote to me. I apologize for not making it to the NYC reunion but hopefully everyone had a great time. I am very much looking forward to catching up...anyone care to fill me in on the gossip?

and finally, I am going to be spending New Years in DR. I am flying in on the 27th with a couple of friends. We're going to be spending a couple of days in POP but have no idea what to do New Years eve. I am open to any suggestions as long as it doesn't involve anything that will put us in clear and present danger...ie, el malecon....

Techie

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Glad to hear you're back, Rueben! I had been quite concerned, especially since one of my wife's relatives came back from Iraq less than whole...

Was very sorry to miss you at the Sept NYC reunion -- to see you off was one of the reasons for my surprise visit. Oh well. Remember, cold beer always waiting for you in DC if you get down this way....
Best Regards,
Keith

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Drtechie/Hottie

Welcome back, baby!

I'm very glad God kept you well and you're back safe and sound...

We still haven't met, but I'm sure we will ...soon...Are you going to stop by Miami at all, before you hit DR?

If so...let me know...

Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy 2005 if we don't see each other!

MQ

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
DRtechie said:

and finally, I am going to be spending New Years in DR. I am flying in on the 27th with a couple of friends. We're going to be spending a couple of days in POP but have no idea what to do New Years eve. I am open to any suggestions as long as it doesn't involve anything that will put us in clear and present danger...ie, el malecon....

Techie

Suggest you try to be in Cabarete. Hear the party of the beach is a blast. Would suggest you drive back to Puerto Plata once the sun is up on the first, though, even if you sleep in your car if you can't find where to stay.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
other Dominicans in Iraq

DRTechie, you dont happen to know a Dominican American in the Marines named Argelis Abreu from Jarabacoa. He is one of my wifes former students.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
welcome home :)

Hi Techie. I am happy you are home safe and sound. Don't worry about missing the reunion, you can catch up with us next time.

Larry

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aren't you that guy from RPI? The one that got a nice job in NYC??

Anyway, welcome back, and If you want to have a "few" with me in Santiago, just give me a call--PM or email me wfor the telephone number

Would like to see you and wish you a wonderful New Year.

HB

the hovel has a few extra beds if you need 'em...and Dolores' advice about Cabarete is dead on...

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Nice to see that you're back. We can't afford to lose any more of our boys. There have been others on this site that had to go out to the sandbox and came back but nonetheless it's good to see one of our soldiers back and in one piece.......

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Glad you made it back...

Ihave several guys related to folks in our Sunday School class that are now over there and we are praying for their and all others safe return.

El Jefe

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Bob - I didn't come across many Marines where I was stationed. There were a lot of DR Natives in the unit I was serving with though.

MQ - I am making a connection in Miami on my way to Santo Domingo on Monday. My connection is only an hour long though. Not sure when I'll be in Miami next but I'll be sure to let you know if I do end up there.

I'll be driving to the Puerto Plata on the 29th and staying through New Years before driving back to Santo Domingo. I will PM all you folks in the North Coast before I take off.

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Nice you made it back Safe and sound I just got back online myself. Glad to hear form old Hats...take care Sammy