Well Water..........

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
.............I have a question and am wondering................
how many DR1'ers in the DR have a well AND PAY THE WATER COMPANY FOR THE WELL???

10 years ago, we used to pay the water company in Puerto Plata (Costambar) and NEVER got any water. When the plants etc needed watering when they were newly planted, we had to spend mucho peso's to get trucks of water for that and for the cistern.

Then (about 8 years ago) we decided to dig our own wells and did so for about 6 different people. NONE OF US ARE CONNECTED TO THE "CITY" WATER ANYMORE. EVERY YEAR they (the water company) come around looking for $$$$$. They just came around again today, but I figured that's cause they're looking for Christmas $$$$$. I KNOW that the law says that they own the water, but we have never paid and wonder if anyone else does?

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
In costambar it is usual once or twice a year that some folks come around saying they are there to collect for the water. From what I have been told they are not legit, and usually it is around christmas time.

I had two women nicely dress come to my house telling me I had to pay - they figured una rubia asi was going to get gotten by them - I politely told them my bill was up to date and if they wanted to we could go and talk to the water people about it. Amazingly enough they said nothing I think their mouths were still open from a white girl with a santiago accent and a croatian attitude not falling for their little ploy.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Legally speaking

INAPA can charge you for water you take out of the ground.

But whether they do or not is mostly a question of cost-benefit. Would it be worth the hassle for them to do it? I tend to doubt it.

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"YES",But don't pay it!

I get everyones' water bill,but my own! They all has the serial numbers of water meters different that "MY" meter.I went to the water company office in Sto Dgo.They sent two guys to verify that the meter was mine,and to put my name on my bill.They shut the meter on and off,and saw that the water entering my cistern went on and off too!
Long story short,I still get the wrong bills!
I have a well that they used to charge me for.The girl at the water office said that that was a "mistake",because I DON"T have a well!"Yes I Do!" I said.'No,you DON'T !" she said
I was with a Dominican Friend who started to become frustrated.I just told him to walk out,I would settle this "MY WAY"!!
I haven't paid a bill for over two years! "$crew Them ALL"! Just like the "No-Electricity" Company!I paid 1,600 pesos this month. ;)