Flight Delayed 10 Hrs Up With The Aa Delay

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
You should have experienced the nightmare I had last Friday with AA at POP

The plane was diverted to Santo Domingo for weather reasons (it was sunny at POP), then the plane finally arrived 3.5 hours late, they announce we will board soon, and two hours later I notice everyone was at the info desk where the crew informed us the flight was cancelled due to the pilots and crew working too many hours and that a bus would pick us up and take us to a hotel.

The AA crew YELLED at passengers and finally told us they weren't going to argue anymore and they left and went to their hotel, leaving us with two airport workers who did not speak english, and the whole situation was a cluster F. Bus came 2 hours later and took us to a hotel. Time from original boarding to hotel room = 9 hours. Then they have to get us up at 5:00 AM to catch the 8:00 am flight. Which of course was LATE.

What pissed me off and everyone else was the fact AA employees left and did not coordinate this mess. Not even so much as an apology the next day. If they knew the flight would not go due to excessive hours in flight with the crew, they could have told us 5 hours earlier.

And the crew YELLED at us. F American Airlines!

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
JFK to POP on AA

AA 1797 from JFK to POP was supposed to leave at 11.00pm arriving at 15.38!
It took over 2.5 hours just to check in and clear security in JFK then there was a baggage loading delay and the usual flights to Dom Rep confusion.
Aircraft finally pulled back from the ramp at 13.30 and arrived in POP at 17.30!
That's a delay of 2.5 hours, but isn't that normal at this time of year? AND isn't JFK a zoo anyway?

Jun 5, 2004
AA 2295 DELAYED TODAY 7.5 hrs (SHEDULED)

American Airlines Flight 2295 From Jfk To Santiago Is Delayed From 100pm To 730pm (scheduled Time Who Knows At What Time Will It Actually Depart) And It Is Departing From Another Terminal (not 8 But 9) Today All The American Flights To Dr Have Been Delayed. The Baggage Problem Can Be That Big When Delta's Flight 324 To Sdq Departed Only 32 Minutes Late. In Flight Aa142 Jfk To London There Was Only A 38 Minute Delay I Like Aa But Isnt This Too Much. Do They Think That The Passangers Traveling To Dr Are Traveling For Free? I Dont Think So Because The Tickets Are Very Expensive.

Apr 26, 2002
Tis the season ...

to avoid American Airlines. It's like this every year. And once you get to Sto Dgo, get ready to play "baggage recovery roulette"!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
to avoid American Airlines. It's like this every year. And once you get to Sto Dgo, get ready to play "baggage recovery roulette"!

Merry Christmas everyone.

161 people flying on Jet Blue Wednesday. Thats $80,000 less for AA. I am feeling happy.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
jerryme said:
You should have experienced the nightmare I had last Friday with AA at POP

The plane was diverted to Santo Domingo for weather reasons (it was sunny at POP), then the plane finally arrived 3.5 hours late, they announce we will board soon, and two hours later I notice everyone was at the info desk where the crew informed us the flight was cancelled due to the pilots and crew working too many hours and that a bus would pick us up and take us to a hotel.

The AA crew YELLED at passengers and finally told us they weren't going to argue anymore and they left and went to their hotel, leaving us with two airport workers who did not speak english, and the whole situation was a cluster F. Bus came 2 hours later and took us to a hotel. Time from original boarding to hotel room = 9 hours. Then they have to get us up at 5:00 AM to catch the 8:00 am flight. Which of course was LATE.

What pissed me off and everyone else was the fact AA employees left and did not coordinate this mess. Not even so much as an apology the next day. If they knew the flight would not go due to excessive hours in flight with the crew, they could have told us 5 hours earlier.

And the crew YELLED at us. F American Airlines!

Be careful with your statements. Some, many people here, love to defend American.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Some way to start your vacation, huh? Been there, and done that. Will never fly American again, even with a free ticket. F--- them.

You need to check out JetBlue to Santiago (only 1 hour from POP) for a much better experience, from check-in to baggage claim. Just be sure to eat before you board (JB only provides an abundance of snacks and drinks). Other than that, it's not even a comparison.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
toneloc24 said:
You need to check out JetBlue to Santiago (only 1 hour from POP) for a much better experience, from check-in to baggage claim. Just be sure to eat before you board (JB only provides an abundance of snacks and drinks). Other than that, it's not even a comparison.

The Jet Blue Terminal at JFK has some really great places to eat unlike the AA terminal.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
I will check out JetBlue next time. This one bitch of a stweardess threatened to keep a man, his wife and his baby from leaving the next day because he was " excessively rude" she even bitched out her Captian when he told her to calm down. Her words" Screw these people, I am going to the hotel" then we passengers had three hours to argue with the two POP airport workers to try and find a hotel and a ride. The AA employees at the front counter refused to answer the door for us passengers and even called security to keep us away.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
jerryme said:
I will check out JetBlue next time. This one bitch of a stweardess threatened to keep a man, his wife and his baby from leaving the next day because he was " excessively rude" she even bitched out her Captian when he told her to calm down. Her words" Screw these people, I am going to the hotel" then we passengers had three hours to argue with the two POP airport workers to try and find a hotel and a ride. The AA employees at the front counter refused to answer the door for us passengers and even called security to keep us away.

makes me want to fly AA everytime to DR.

Jun 5, 2004
they tied to be ghetto

jerryme said:

If they would have done that to me a long as time ago i would have gotten some legal action on them because it is not the passangers fault that the flight is delayed and canceled.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
did those pax get hotel and transportation from AA ????
I guess that all their will get, and a Transportation credit or maybe a free tkt for futher travel.

Just write a complaint to the DOT (department of Transportation) and you will get a faster answer from AA.
Other than that....maybe a gracias from them.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
We got a bus ride, 2 hours late , and a night at a resort in POP. Flaminco or something, it was near midnight and I was only there 5 hours.