Directions Pls Santo Domingo to Sosua

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Looked for this info but couldn't find. I have a friend meeting us in Sosua but landing in Santo Domingo airport and renting a car there. Can I get fairly detailed directions to give him. I heard most people go through Moca. Pls confirm detailed directions.

As usual, greatly appreciated.

ecarignan

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you will be driving, you should purchase a good road map. You can pick up one in Carrefour shopping center that is on Duarte Highway. It is a four hour drive to Sosua from Santo Domingo so you should come in during the day. Would suggest you bring a compass with you, which can help when driving.

The drive to Santo Domingo is relatively easy. Just get on Las Americas highway -- take the exit of the airport and then take the overpass to the west that will put you on Las Americas Expressway that will take you to Santo Domingo. After crossing the toll booth (you do not pay entering the city from the airport), stay in the middle of the highway, because the left lanes slant to a road that takes you off the highway. That road will lead you to cross a bridge. Take the lanes that say ELEVADO. Get on that overpass and stay on it all the way. It will put you on Av. 27 de Febrero that crosses the city. You need to go north and then take John F. Kennedy (Duarte Highway) north. You can take Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill Avenues, or N??ez de C?ceres, which ever one you see first.

Once you are on John F. Kennedy, which converts to Duarte Highway, northbound, you will be at Carrefour where you can purchase the map.

If you decide to go the Moca route, which is scenic and lovely, you will take that road all the way to Sabaneta, where you will turn west and then you will get to Sosua.

We always recommend that you ask ask ask, even if you think you are headed in the right direction. Again in Moca you could ask a motoconcho to guide you out of the city onto the highway to Sabaneta, or just keep asking for the route to Sosua. It is about a 40 minute drive.