Stealing lights

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
My adopted son got caught stealing lights by the cooperativo and they are charging him an amount of 36000 pesos he called me says he dosent know what to do. I said dont look at me I dont have that kinda money....Can he pay it slowly over Tim. ps I told him not to do it he had it hooked to his air conditioner. Now the lights are in the name of the original owner of the condo can I just have him change them to his name? Or is there some negotion that can be done only had the unit 2 months

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think you mean he was stealing electricity

Probably he will have to negotiate. ?nd probably he will have to pay. He should get his own electric contract.

HB :D

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Nice to hear from you again of course Carlos wants me to take care of everything when I get home wants me to bail him out by saying im dumb amnerican and didnt no electrician hooked up wrong instead of taking responsibility

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Two Years Ago,I Got "Caught" Too!

They "Fined" me 40,000 pesos! I negociated down to 30,000,and paid 10,ooo down,and the rest over4 payments! :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: "Foreva"

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Now they say if he dosent pay 40% 15,000 pesos there gonna throw him in jail they are scaring him half to death..

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
lilsam said:
Now they say if he dosent pay 40% 15,000 pesos there gonna throw him in jail they are scaring him half to death..

too frickin bad......stealing is a crime......period

throw the thieving little shite in the slammer and throw away the key along with all the other really big guys on this board who like to brag that they too steal..

if you can't do the time don't do the crime

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What's so bad

lilsam said:

about throwing someone in jail for stealing? Why, even people like Martha Stewart go to jail for stealing so why is he any different?

JOHN

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is absurd

Just tell the kid to pay a few thousand and tell them that he will pay down the debt every month. I do not believe thee is any way for them to send him to jail.

If there were, I would have had a couple of people in Sos?a in jail a couple of years ago!! And the jails would be full of people from "borrowing Electricity" !!!

Either he needs money and wants you to send him some or they are just using empty threats.....

HB

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
"Ladr?n que roba a ladr?n, tiene cien a?os de perd?n" (old Spanish proverb)

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
What good is jail??

gjsuk said:
too frickin bad......stealing is a crime......period

throw the thieving little shite in the slammer and throw away the key along with all the other really big guys on this board who like to brag that they too steal..

if you can't do the time don't do the crime

What does prison accomplish? let the kid work out a payment plan, he learns a hard lesson and the company is reimbursed

Sending a young person to jail for what I assume is a first offense accomplishes nothing but "hardening" they guy and setting him up for a life of future crimes

I doubt the DR prison system is progressive and promotes rehabilitation versus punishment

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
you're absolutely right

jruane44 said:
I don't want to sound like a wise guy but Martha Stewart went to jail for lying.

Don't want to go off topic here but--she lied about a stock transfer that STOLE money from another person that didnt have the same inside information that she had. This is not the forum for this discussion, I only used her name as a person that when to jail for "stealing"., as in stealing electric, stealing information, stealing from another person who has the misfortune to believe his broker.All the same in my way of thinking.

JOHN

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
!st offence

It is his first time he is talking to them and I will go and see what can be done BUT HE will pay it I told him not to do it and he dint listen. So do the crime do the time maybe he will learn a lession