Eps

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
EPS is a courier service that travels between the US and DR. There are offices in many cities in the DR. Things sent from here are taken by air to Miami and mailed there. Things coming to the DR are sent to either the PO Box or the address for parcels that each subscriber has. The service is expensive, but very reliable. I have been using EPS for more than 15 years without a problem.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you live in a major city like

Santo Domingo, Santiago or Puerto Plata (and I imagine a few other spots) your least expensive option for mail and package service is Business Mail

EPS charges an absurd amount of money for moving a magazine or a box of cookies.

Business Mail is much less expensive.

HB, Who used EPS when it first started and got out with most of his body parts intact!

\

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
I also used Business Mail for the four years I lived in Santo Domingo and found their service to be generally good and I guess reasonably priced (considering what others wanted for the service). There were one or two hiccups on service, but overall we were satisfied.
Regards,
Keith

Santo Domingo:
Av. Roberto Pastoriza No. 1,
Ens. Naco, Santo Domingo, D. R.
Tel.....809 683-1919
Fax.....809 412-2140/227-6275
Email:kruiz@businessmailweb.com
ventas@businessmailweb.com
Platform Manager

Santiago:
Calle 7 No. 22, Jardines Metropolitanos
Santiago, D. R.
Tel.....809 241-0625
Fax....809 241-2650
Email:ptoribio@businessmailweb.com
Business.mail@codetel.net.do
General Manager

Puerto Plata:
Plaza Turisol, Local # 33 Primer M?dulo,
Carretera Luperon Km. 2
Tel: (809) 970-0942
Fax: (809) 970-1208
Email:b.mail@codetel.net.do

Miami:
Atallah Business Group
6911 North West 87 Ave.
Miami, Fl. 33178
USA
Tel?..305-593-5383
Fax?..305-593-5356
Email:bperez@businessmailweb.com

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I use "EPS",one of the American Doctors here uses "Business Mail"!

He always seems to have a "problem",and often asks me to send things to the US by EPS!
I NEVER have any problems,either way,and I like the "E-mail from EPS when I have a letter,or package.Andon-line tracking of my packages.EPS must have good relations with "Aduana" because the customs tariffs are very reasonable,sometimes none at all!!

"To Each His Own"!

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

cork

Aug 23, 2003
Criss Colon said:
He always seems to have a "problem",and often asks me to send things to the US by EPS!
I NEVER have any problems,either way,and I like the "E-mail from EPS when I have a letter,or package.Andon-line tracking of my packages.EPS must have good relations with "Aduana" because the customs tariffs are very reasonable,sometimes none at all!!

"To Each His Own"!

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

We use EPS for cargo also. US$1.25 per pound, and a 100 pound minimum) and they will even consolidate many items onto one pallet. All items go through the southern ports, customs is cheap if at all, and anything in the US is available here in the DR.

We looked at a lawnmower at the ferraterria, US$1000 for a 22 inch Murray rotary mower. Through EPS, mower bought at Lowes.com, delivered to my address in Miami (EPS address) shipped to DR, delivered to Sosua, Customs paid. Total cost US$500.

Next time I'll just put it in my suitcase.

cork :nervous:

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Explain how that works...the consolidation of items...

do they hold everything in Miami until you tell them to send it?