Plaudits for an honest businessman!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I went to organise advance payment today at International Pizzeria in Puerto Plata for an Epiphany bash for hungry junior citizens. Do you know what the owner, Enzo, told me? 'Come back & do it next week because my prices are going down next week & it'll be cheaper for you'. Well full marks for honesty! I was REALLY impressed. 'Tis the season of goodwill................. ;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
KenoshaChris said:
Yes, but it Enzo Dominican?

??????
Why the question KC?? Not trying to turn this thread into a "Bash the Dominican Businessman" thread I hope??

Enzo is ITALIAN, has lived here for 20 odd years & has managed to keep his International Pizzeria business going all that time when many others have given up & gone bankrupt (or gone home)!! Just to keep this on topic, My congratulations to Enzo & I hope he gains from being an honest & up-front businessman - may others follow his example!! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Pizzas, like most foods, depend on personal tastes. I liked them fine 12 years ago when we first startd using Enzo, but he has increased his menu considerably in the last 3 years & now I enjoy everything even more!! We went up ther for my 60th last October (also celebrating completion of 12 years in the country) & I had something that resembled an omlette, i.e. a Pizza with delicious cheeses etc in it but 'flopped' over to keep the contents inside hot & Oh so moist!! Delightful meal!! ~ Grahame.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I believe Enzo is Sicilian

He still makes his Pizza the same way he did 20 or more years ago in a Brick oven,

I used to go a lot when had his 2 for 1 Pizza at 7:00 PM. (Some years ago)

I still go and visit him from time to time when entertaining friends or relatives and treat them to a real Pizza that is not from the big chains.

But I must admit after all these years I have lived here I still cannot get used to the corn as a topping they put on the Pizza's It must be a Dominican thing.

Gringo

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Sounds like you had a "Calzone" "Bush Baby"

Don't take the "Yes,but is Enzo Dominican?" so hard!
Dominicans in the "Service Industry" don't know the meaning of "Good Will"!
As you know very well by now,their business philosophy is:"Screw the customers long and hard, because they may never come back"!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

The story of "The Goose That Laid The Golden Egg",is not treated as a "Fable" in the DR,but as a guide to good business practice!!!!!!!!!