Newbie to DR

bigk-9

Dec 22, 2004
I'm looking for some general info. We are flying into Puerto Plata on Christmas day, ( wife, two boys, 13/10). We are staying at the (RCI) Perenial Vacation Club @ Tropical, Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata for the week.

Does anyone have any first hand info/comments on this resort?

What should the cab fare from the airport to the resort be?

How much should a round of golf go for?

I believe the all-inclusive rate is $30.00/day adults, $15.) kids, good deal? Seams like it.

Any other info about the surronding area would be much appreciated! :nervous:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Golf? Golf? did someone say golf??

The costs at Playa Dorada are different since I last played there. I hear that they are about $100 a round-at least in that neighborhood.

Why not come to Santiago and play? It's a nice track, Pete Dye course, interesting people-like me- and one heck of a lot cheaper since it is not for tourists.

I am free for golf any day from the 27th until the 31st. On Tuesday and Wednesday only in the afternoon, but thurs and Friday all day.

Send me an email or a PM and we can make arrangements.

H:D:D

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
bigk-9 said:
I'm looking for some general info. We are flying into Puerto Plata on Christmas day, ( wife, two boys, 13/10). We are staying at the (RCI) Perenial Vacation Club @ Tropical, Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata for the week.

Does anyone have any first hand info/comments on this resort?

What should the cab fare from the airport to the resort be?

How much should a round of golf go for?

I believe the all-inclusive rate is $30.00/day adults, $15.) kids, good deal? Seams like it.

Any other info about the surronding area would be much appreciated! :nervous:

Its a great resort! You'll love it and have a grand time! Have fun, and I am jealous!

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
stormer said:
Its a great resort! You'll love it and have a grand time! Have fun, and I am jealous!

hey man it's too late to tell them how great the resort is. They have already left. They left christmas day, it boxing day now.

CloggieBoots

Jan 17, 2004
www.caribbeanwizard.com
Temporal Shift

stallion said:
hey man it's too late to tell them how great the resort is. They have already left. They left christmas day, it boxing day now.

Hey Stallion,

Have you been having trouble meeting stud dates with your favorite mares lately ? .....if so I think I may have spotted a potential cause of confusion. The man said "We are flying into Puerto Plata on Christmas day,", thus they have just arrived...have they not ? With a whole, glorious, liquid-sunshine filled week ( almost ) ahead of them.

According to my semi-professional diagnostics you could be suffering from a rare form of temporal shift, in which you see the time-lines of events from back to front. If so you could try going to bed at 8:00 am, and getting up at 10:00 pm for a few days....unless of course you are already doing this, in which case reverse the order, and definitely stop drinking Brugal for a week !

Cheers, ( humour alert, this post is intended to tickle funny bones, not get up noses - :))) )

CB

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
CloggieBoots said:
Hey Stallion,

Have you been having trouble meeting stud dates with your favorite mares lately ? .....if so I think I may have spotted a potential cause of confusion. The man said "We are flying into Puerto Plata on Christmas day,", thus they have just arrived...have they not ? With a whole, glorious, liquid-sunshine filled week ( almost ) ahead of them.

According to my semi-professional diagnostics you could be suffering from a rare form of temporal shift, in which you see the time-lines of events from back to front. If so you could try going to bed at 8:00 am, and getting up at 10:00 pm for a few days....unless of course you are already doing this, in which case reverse the order, and definitely stop drinking Brugal for a week !

Cheers, ( humour alert, this post is intended to tickle funny bones, not get up noses - :))) )

CB

No worries man, We are all here for the humor. No hard feelings. And by the way i dont have any brugal, can you send me some?