Problems with Verizon etc

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Whenever I have a problem with Verizon, rather than trying to solve the problem, which usually can't be done, I email the Caribbean Office in New York to a women named Maxiene. I have about 2 other friends that do the same and when we do we usually get our problems solved. Now, even if there is NO solution, I send my problems to that office just so that they can see what goes on here. :cross-eye

Here's my email today: (ITEMS MARKED "xxxxx" TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT) :glasses:

To: Maxine.funderbirk@verizon.com

Maxine,

I now seem to have another problem when I pay my DOMINICAN Verizon Bills through Banco Popular Dominican. (I know that I should have my head examined for trying to deal with two Dominican Companies at the same time, but it was VERIZON that offered the service).

EVERY month, for probably the past year, I have paid my Verizon bill on line through Banco Popular. Some months, they (BPD) seem to pay Verizon twice and I have been able to get my money back from BPD.

This month, all three of my phone bills were paid on 12/8/04 through BPD as follows:

809-XXX-XXXX: RD$X,XXX.XX

I happened to be checking the accounts on BPD today, December 22, 2004 (14 days later) and I saw that the 970-XXXX and the 970-XXXX still showed me owing $X,XXXX.XX and $X,XXX.XX. The cellular phone number of XXX-XXXX was correctly showing a $0.00 balance.

SO, I decided to call VERIZON and used the automated billing system which ALSO shows that I still owe $X,XXX.XX and $X,XXX.XX.

I THEN CALLED and spoke to a representative (a special one that speaks english) of VERIZON who checked my accounts.

She verified that all three of my accounts have a ZERO balance and that all payments were received on 12/08/04.

When asked why they are still showing balances on the VERIZON AUTOMATED SYSTEM and the BPD computer she informed me that:

"the computers do that much times and we sorry for that"

..........no further explanation was given and when asked if it could be corrected she said:

"I think so no."

Your comments would be appreciated.

Have a happy holiday.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

:nervous:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
POP Bad Boy said:
Whenever I have a problem with Verizon, rather than trying to solve the problem, which usually can't be done, I email the Caribbean Office in New York to a women named Maxiene. I have about 2 other friends that do the same and when we do we usually get our problems solved. Now, even if there is NO solution, I send my problems to that office just so that they can see what goes on here. :cross-eye

Here's my email today: (ITEMS MARKED "xxxxx" TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT) :glasses:

To: Maxine.funderbirk@verizon.com

Maxine,

I now seem to have another problem when I pay my DOMINICAN Verizon Bills through Banco Popular Dominican. (I know that I should have my head examined for trying to deal with two Dominican Companies at the same time, but it was VERIZON that offered the service).

EVERY month, for probably the past year, I have paid my Verizon bill on line through Banco Popular. Some months, they (BPD) seem to pay Verizon twice and I have been able to get my money back from BPD.

This month, all three of my phone bills were paid on 12/8/04 through BPD as follows:

I happened to be checking the accounts on BPD today, December 22, 2004 (14 days later) and I saw that the 970-XXXX and the 970-XXXX still showed me owing $X,XXXX.XX and $X,XXX.XX. The cellular phone number of XXX-XXXX was correctly showing a $0.00 balance.

SO, I decided to call VERIZON and used the automated billing system which ALSO shows that I still owe $X,XXX.XX and $X,XXX.XX.

I THEN CALLED and spoke to a representative (a special one that speaks english) of VERIZON who checked my accounts.

She verified that all three of my accounts have a ZERO balance and that all payments were received on 12/08/04.

When asked why they are still showing balances on the VERIZON AUTOMATED SYSTEM and the BPD computer she informed me that:

"the computers do that much times and we sorry for that"

..........no further explanation was given and when asked if it could be corrected she said:

"I think so no."

Your comments would be appreciated.

Have a happy holiday.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

:nervous:

We had similar problems and the only solution was going back to the old system:
Line up and pay cash.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
American credit cards ? ? ?

I "stand on line" then pay with an American Express card or a MasterCard issued by an American bank. There is never a problem. I lose @ 1 peso on the exchange rate, but the convenience is worth the slight loss.
I have a paper receipt [ie for the credit card payment] & the payment is accurately reflected on the next Verizon bill.
Sole minor problem: I can't use the internet to pay Verizon bills with a credit card issued by an AMERICAN bank; however, if I have a MasterCard issued by a DOMINICAN bank, I can pay on line. Why? Discrimination? Obviously!
But if Banco Popular messes up as frequently as you say & Verizon claims it can do nothing, my "problem" may be a blessing in disguise.
But the American credit card industry is powerful enough to take care of its interests if they care @ this banana republic.
Shhocling revelation: Verizon is an American owned company! Letting DR Verizon rip off American banks! Where is John Kerry when we need him?
Consumer hint: visit your local Verizon office between 12:00 & 2:00 PM; there is a skeleton staff; 90% of the Verizon employees have to go to lunch at the same time! For 2 hours! Thank the Divinity that Verizon doen't simply close for 2 hours every day!
But, 95% of all Dominicans are at lunch from 12:00 to 2:00, including nearly all Verizon customers. There are very few customers; usually, a 5" minute wait.
If you chose to live in a 3rd world country, you must learn to live with this type of thing.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
POP Bad Boy said:
Whenever I have a problem with Verizon, rather than trying to solve the problem, which usually can't be done, I email the Caribbean Office in New York to a women named Maxiene. I have about 2 other friends that do the same and when we do we usually get our problems solved. Now, even if there is NO solution, I send my problems to that office just so that they can see what goes on here.
So, that's where I should send the hate mail? ;)