continental...newark to sdq?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i should have booked a month and a half ago...a mere 250 RT...then it jumped to 320....now it is up to 421!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think....will the prices drop after the holidays?

Jet blue is 320 (after all the taxes and fee's)...but JFK is a pain in the hoo dilly to get to from jersey city.

I had wanted to travel late january (to catch some baseball)...but that doesnt seem to be working out...so i am thinking for late feb (carnival? perhaps?) or even early march.

I have a friend who will be traveling with a group on that 3rd weekend of feb...and i have another friend interested in traveling with me. So it would be kinda cool to meet up there. My other friend is staying in SD while we would be in BC...

WEll..the most important question for this budget minded traveler is the airfare issue....should i wait till after the holidays? (i am KICKING myself for NOT booking that fare @ 250!!!!!!!!)

thanks

jj

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
also...i must add

i dont care what the damn exchange rate is....I AM GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Jfk

Jersey guy,

I work in mind town (bout' 48th & 6th) and got to jfk straight from the office, just catch the A train all the way to jfk, no troubles. From JC to mid town is like what 15 min on the Path, pack light and keep it moving straight to SDQ, and have a cold Presi when you get there.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
principe said:
Jersey guy,

I work in mind town (bout' 48th & 6th) and got to jfk straight from the office, just catch the A train all the way to jfk, no troubles. From JC to mid town is like what 15 min on the Path, pack light and keep it moving straight to SDQ, and have a cold Presi when you get there.

Try $257 return JFK to STI. That's available anytime any month. Check them out at www.nothamericanair.com.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
stallion said:
Try $257 return JFK to STI. That's available anytime any month. Check them out at www.nothamericanair.com.

are these non-stop flights????? for real..i dont mind spending a bit extra to not have to stop in miami or san juan. WHen i am on vacation i just want to GET There.....and dont want to have to risk losing my luggage.

I will check out the alternatives you meantioned.....but now i gotta get my booty showered and head off to north carolina for the holiday.

Am still hoping continental comes down after the new year...i am getting very impatient and just want to make my reservations!!!!

have a GREAT christmas everone!!!

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
jrzyguy said:
are these non-stop flights????? for real..i dont mind spending a bit extra to not have to stop in miami or san juan. WHen i am on vacation i just want to GET There.....and dont want to have to risk losing my luggage.

I will check out the alternatives you meantioned.....but now i gotta get my booty showered and head off to north carolina for the holiday.

Am still hoping continental comes down after the new year...i am getting very impatient and just want to make my reservations!!!!

have a GREAT christmas everone!!!

Yeah for real man, there flights are non stop.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
well...continental DID drop their prices....before the holiday it was 420 rt (non stop)....now it is 290!!!!

I am still going to look at those other options tho.

Looks like i will be going the 3rd week of february