From DR to Turks & Caicos ?

h1034x

Dec 25, 2004
Hello. Next month, I will go to the DR for a 30 days trip. During these holidays, I would like to do a break in Turks and Caicos islands. I looked through the web but couldn't find ay available information for thse questions...

1. Is there any "public" boat (ferry, catamaran...) which joins Puerto Plata and Providenciales ?

2. Is Skyking the only company which operates flights between POP and PLS ? And are their flights usually OK (or are they sometimes delayed or cancelled) ?

3. Is there any company which operates flights between Punta Cana and Providenciales ?

Many thanks for your help...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
SkyKing is the only airline - a little 20 seater that comes and goes sometimes on schedule and sometimes not. It is an experience - they fly out of POP and Santiago to Providenciales and Grand Turk. There is nothing between Punta Cana and Providenciales.

During whale watching season, a few of the big dive operators from the Turks and Caicos come over here for a few weeks. You can see if you can catch a ride with any of them - I'm not sure of the dates. Try http://www.aggressor.com/subpage6.php. The captain's name is Pierce.

Easiest is to take a day, get on SkyKing, join the caribbean time zone and get there when you get there.

h1034x said:
Hello. Next month, I will go to the DR for a 30 days trip. During these holidays, I would like to do a break in Turks and Caicos islands. I looked through the web but couldn't find ay available information for thse questions...

1. Is there any "public" boat (ferry, catamaran...) which joins Puerto Plata and Providenciales ?

2. Is Skyking the only company which operates flights between POP and PLS ? And are their flights usually OK (or are they sometimes delayed or cancelled) ?

3. Is there any company which operates flights between Punta Cana and Providenciales ?

Many thanks for your help...