aquatic plants nursery

schwott

Dec 25, 2004
I am a professional aquatic (aquarium) plants grower and hobby orchid grower. I would like to get in touch with any aquatic plants and orchid nursery in DR. I have found only Orchids Dominicana nursery on the net yet. I would appreciate your infos.
Petr

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Aquatic Plants

I have never heard of a aquatic (aquarium) plant nursery. If there is one then it is a very small scale operation. Your best bet is to contact some of the larger Petshops that sell fish in SD. They could tell you where the source from.

One of the biggest Orchid producers in SD is Orquideas Santo Domingo, S.A. in Nu?ez de Caceres 809 227-7266. They are chienese and have most of the popular varieties. There are smaller producers that have nurserys in the higher regions of the country like Constansa. They have trucks that supply the majority of the established shop/nurseries. Try also InterFlora as they also have a good selection.

The DR also has endemec species like the Angelitos that are small but spectacular in their own right.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Contact Anthuriana in Santo DOmingo, their number is 566-0880 or 540-4790. The owner, Patrick, grows orchids and other plants for sale and export. He also raises parrots and exotic birds and he had a tropical fish and aquarium business.. You can reach him directly at the office or on his cell phone. PM me for his cell if you need it.