Have you visited the Haitian Border

Revolutionrock7

Dec 27, 2004
I will be in Sosua in March. I would like to visit Haiti, or at least the border open air market. has anyone gone there? Is it easy to find transportation that is economical? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have been to the border crossings at Dajabon and Jimani a few times only because family of one of my wives lives out that way, I always drive myself out there but I believe Caribe tours goes out to Dajabon. It is really not worth the ride from Sosua just to see the border. I would suggest a trip to Mao Valverde IO just love that little town.
Badpiece

GuRu

Apr 22, 2003
Caribe Tours goes to Dajabon. I think that's the best way to get there ... I'm going there in january.
I'm going to cross the border to Ha?ti as well for one or two days, but this might cost you up to 50 dollars I think.

Revolutionrock7

Dec 27, 2004
Haitian / Dominican Relations

I've heard that on Friday and Monday there is an open air Dominican/Haitian market at Dajabon. I read an article that said this is a very interesting site if you are interested in understanding Haitian / Dominican relations.

I think it is also the site where thousands of Haitians were massacered on orders of the Dominican dictator in the late 1930's . This relates to the history of Sosua:in order to get good PR after this atrocity, and in an effort to "lighten" the complexion of the population, the dictator allowed Jewish refugees to settle in Sosua.