Tennis in Santiago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkneafsey

Aug 9, 2004
Are there any tennis courts or tennis clubs in or around Santiago? Is tennis somewhat popular amongst Dominicans, or is it mostly a tourist activity? I will be in Santiago shortly and would love to find a place to play and people to play with...
Any advice/help would be great.

Thanks.

Kevin

ps is there Yoga anywhere in Santiao as well?

beano

Oct 29, 2003
I simply don't understand why rude behavior is so expected/tolerated on this board when people ask questions. And, the sources of these half-assed attempts of humor don't surprise me (pathetic people trying to justify themselves by putting down others), but I really don't see any value in these responses. I like to play tennis. I was interested in the answer. If my decision to come visit the DR was based on answers I received from this board, and opinions I formed about the expats living there, I might think otherwise. I think jumping on people for asking a question that you may not have any interest, or moreover, knowledge about is very distracting to the "information" this community is supposed to be promoting.
sean

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have deleted the childish post and any more will be deleted along with that persons access to the board. You have been warned.

Moving on...

I'm sure Hillbilly will have the scoop on this. Him being the Santiago guru!
Give him a day or two to respond or PM/Email him directly.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Tennis anyone?

Yes there are several places to play tennis.
Foremost is the Club
AMAPROSAN on the Duarte highway towards Santo Domingo
Next is out at the Olympic Center on the Olympic Avenue in Bella Vista at Barranquita.
Then there is the Centro Espa?ol and the Gurabito Country Club.
There are courts at the PUCMM university and some people have their own private courts.

I think that for your purposes, the AMAPROSAN will be the first avenue. You can go over there and say that you would like to play, I'm sure you can find a game.

As for Yoga, yes there is a place or two here for yoga, too. Do not know exactly where it is right this moment, but I am sure I can find it if you need to go there.

HB

kkneafsey

Aug 9, 2004
Centro Espanol?

Thanks for the response. I thought for the most part the first guy that answered my orginal post was trolling, but anyway, very interested in the real response from hillbilly. I will be living in Santiago and love to play tennis...I have heard much about the centro espanol. Is it a private club? if so what does it entail, and how hard is it to join? Thanks and if anyone on this board plays tennis please send me a message.

Thanks - Kevin

cpsander

Jul 14, 2004
tennis

kkneafsey said:
Thanks for the response. I thought for the most part the first guy that answered my orginal post was trolling, but anyway, very interested in the real response from hillbilly. I will be living in Santiago and love to play tennis...I have heard much about the centro espanol. Is it a private club? if so what does it entail, and how hard is it to join? Thanks and if anyone on this board plays tennis please send me a message.

Thanks - Kevin

Hey Kevin, my name is Chris, I am a med student at PUCMM in Santiago and I love tennis. Not a favorite sport among most Dominicans that I have met so far. The courts on campus are a sort of blacktop and not very nice, yet playable. I am a student and doubt I have the time or resources to join a private club but I would love to play when I can find the time. Have a good one. Write me a Personal Message if you want. Chris!

Nadine Sassine

Dec 10, 2013
Did you find a place to play tennis Kevin ? My husband and I play tennis and we are looking for a place and friendly people that have same interest in playing tennis.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Nadine, Kevin was a student about 9 years ago, I think he's long gone. I will move this to a new thread for you, and close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.