High School Tests for Adults and Vocational Training

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
If my daughter in law is both a Citizen of the Dominican Republic and US citizen she can go to a HS in Santiago or education department building and take a test to try and get a diploma? What is a "free" student? Then can she go to Vocational school? Sounds as if good jobs are difficult to come by. She is bilingual and a very quick learner with character. Any suggestions?
Thank you for responding. We know she needs to be able to support herself and needs training.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
She should know how to do this

She goes to the Regional Education Director's office and requests to register as a free student at such and such secondary school. She will have to present proof of her educational levels plus a birth certificate.

If she is an adult, there are vocational schools open to her. INFOTEP is just one of them. All depends on where she lives. She can go to university also, why not?

HB

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Something I missed ? ? ?

If your daughter has US & Dominican citizenship, she is entiteld to a free high school education, almost everywhere in the USA. Why would she consider getting a high school diploma in the DR [of extremely dubious value], when she can apparently get the "same" degree in the States - in my opinion, of infinitely more use & value, 2 different qualities. Please enlighten me.

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Because she is living in the DR now and would like to have a fair job.
Thanks for asking.

gringosabroso said:
If your daughter has US & Dominican citizenship, she is entiteld to a free high school education, almost everywhere in the USA. Why would she consider getting a high school diploma in the DR [of extremely dubious value], when she can apparently get the "same" degree in the States - in my opinion, of infinitely more use & value, 2 different qualities. Please enlighten me.