Hurricane damage?

squirrel

Dec 28, 2004
I had already booked a holiday to the Sousa Bay Hotel in Sousa prior to the September 2004 hurricanes. I am due to take that holiday in March 2005. Can anyone update me on the current situation there in terms of damage to both the hotel and area, I am sympathetic to what the locals have endured but as another traveller said I have worked and saved a long for time for this trip and want to see the DR at its reasonable best not its worst and will have wasted a lot of money in doing so if things have not yet been repaired etc. Thank you for your honest views.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
squirrel said:
I had already booked a holiday to the Sousa Bay Hotel in Sousa prior to the September 2004 hurricanes. I am due to take that holiday in March 2005. Can anyone update me on the current situation there in terms of damage to both the hotel and area, I am sympathetic to what the locals have endured but as another traveller said I have worked and saved a long for time for this trip and want to see the DR at its reasonable best not its worst and will have wasted a lot of money in doing so if things have not yet been repaired etc. Thank you for your honest views.

You will see no signs of any damage in the Sosua area, even more so if you have never been here before.

Check out our hotel and resort status update facility. This is one of the only services of its kind in the Caribbean region and in the tourism industry worldwide.

http://dr1.com/status/

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The sosua bay hotel is stunning. There is absolutely no damage there. Sosua area had some mess to deal with but no real damage either.

You will have a great time, stop worrying.