Thank you SO much DR1.com!

Anj

Nov 21, 2004
Dear all -

I would like to thank all those that gave me such great advice about the "gua-gua's" in the DR. I did indeed locate them with ease. I was shocked to find that 20 or 30 people in the gua-gua was quite normal (when I got on in San Juan it was empty... by Cabereta I couldn't move LOL). For 50 pesos each person it was a memorable trip. We were singing x-mas carols in english and spanish most of the way having a great time. I met many new people and made some great friends. I think it was great way to see much of the country. We spent 3 whole days travelling around in the gua-guas and had a blast. I really appreciate all of your advice and help otherwise our trip would have been quite boring. I can say with all sincerity of the many trips I've taken to DR, this has been the most memorable. THanks again, love you all...

Anj

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
That's great to hear, I'm happy to hear you had such a great time!

I wish the DR had more tourists like yourself that make an effort to get out and meet people and really enjoy what this country has to offer.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Anj, thanks for sharing your experience. No question that guaguas expose you to a slice of life in the DR that you would otherwise not know. What makes it fun is that the other passengers are always happy to involve you in their discussion, etc.

The motto of the guagua driver is "there is always room for one more."