Futon wanted

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I've never come across futons in any of my visits to Santo Domingo furniture shops, because I've never been looking for them.

A friend is asking whether such things are available here - does anyone know?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hey, I knew I should have asked you in the first place, seeing as you're the owner of the Futon of Death. :eek:

Thanks - I'll pass it on.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Chirimoya said:
Hey, I knew I should have asked you in the first place, seeing as you're the owner of the Futon of Death. :eek:

Futon of Death???? I'm kinda scared now :eek:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What's a futon?

I will not look it up. But aren't these things like Japanese beds?
Just get a picture of one and take it to any furniture maker and they will duplicate it.

Now, I, too, am fascinated with the idea of the 007 James Bondian "Futon of Death...????

HB :D:D:D

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
you're not paying attention!

Don't you remember the rat thread where juanita confessed that her futon doubles up as a mouse cemetery?

HB, a futon is indeed one of those Japanese beds: a hard mattress on a wooden slatted base, which folds up and can also be used as a sofa.

I'll pass on your suggestion to have one custom made.

Thanks folks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I got weak and went to google.com

It seems that you can get futons in absolutely all colors and sizes at prices from under $100 to over $900 each!!

Interesting....Might be worth looking into for the ol' Hovel??

HB

Campesino

May 18, 2002
Futons In SD

I purchased one from El Canal , not the department store but around back on the side is a funiture store by the same company. They only had a few different frame models, from basic metal to wood, but loads of different covers on the second floor. I have found it to be a decent store with friendly staff, they even let me use the phone to call my wife to decide on the cover color, ask for that in Plaza Lama.!! my neighbour liked mine so much, I went back a month later to pick one up for them.

Good Luck...

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Chirimoya said:

Jejejeje....My rats seem to find it very comfortable! :nervous:

jskr1us

Apr 29, 2003
Web Site Addresses Please (English)

A reply to this post recomends La Sirena and the Plaza. Does any one have web site addresses for these or similar stores in the DR (excluding La Central Express - their prices are much too high). I know that the Plaza once had one but I have not been able to find it in recent times. Thank you in advance for your efforts and information. :eek: