MARRIAGE - What is involved for a CAN Citizen to Marry a DR Citizen

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
I would just like some help with some info. I want to know what a CAN person needs to marry a DR person. I can't find any websites or info for this. I want to know what is in involved for this to happen.
If someone wishes to marry in the DR. What papers do you need, how much does it cost, is it legal... etc.....

Thanks
Ontario, Canada.
NOTE: this is for a Canadian citizen to marry a DR citizan, in the DR.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You could do a search on this very website

Proof of who you are-Passport and birth certificate
Proof of being single
Proof of good health

If you have not read Hillbilly's Three Golden Rules for Dating a Dominican, and you cannot answer YES to all three. You need Proof of Being Stupid..

HB :(

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Hillbilly said:
Proof of who you are-Passport and birth certificate
Proof of being single
Proof of good health

If you have not read Hillbilly's Three Golden Rules for Dating a Dominican, and you cannot answer YES to all three. You need Proof of Being Stupid..

HB :(

I was going to warn you of the comments you will be recieving in this thread.
specially if you are a female.( you know how the sankie forum is.)
Yeah that is about it, passport and bith certificate and affidavit stating you are not married or if divorced, divorce papers. And the fee is almost nothing.
I am going to take a wild guess you are a female( canadian since you mentioned ontario) old or over weight and met this dude while on vacation in a disco partying. If I am wrong accept my appoligies. I mean that is how it always is. Good luck wasting serious cash in the comming years!!!!!!!

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
stallion said:
I was going to warn you of the comments you will be recieving in this thread.
specially if you are a female.( you know how the sankie forum is.)
Yeah that is about it, passport and bith certificate and affidavit stating you are not married or if divorced, divorce papers. And the fee is almost nothing.
I am going to take a wild guess you are a female( canadian since you mentioned ontario) old or over weight and met this dude while on vacation in a disco partying. If I am wrong accept my appoligies. I mean that is how it always is. Good luck wasting serious cash in the comming years!!!!!!!

Hi Carrola
I can see you having problems in this thread. I just did a background check on your past DR1 forums. And you fell in love with a sankie from a resort in april 2004 while on your first vaction to DR. And in 8 yes 8 months you want to marry this man. I see you made your decision to marry him in the first night basically. I mean as you mentioned this guy lives in rio san juan( poor area) and he has 10 siblings( are you sure he does not have 10 kids!). You recieved many advice in that forum(66 posts) telling you that you are making a bad choice, you got defensive and made enemies on the forum. And now you want to get there advice to marry a super sankie. I think this thread should be redirected to sankie 101 immediatelly not under legal. ( i mean what you are doing is illigal kiddnapping a sankie). Also if people read your past threads some girl knew your boyfriends age(23) and she said she party with him, you twist the story line and say he is 30 to 35 to defend your self, but again you mentioned that you want to move to DR and settle with this guy who is (23) and you were 25. So you are lying all the way.
ALL MEMBERS BEFORE YOU GIVE ANY ADVICE I RECOMEND YOU READ ALL HER PAST POSTED THREADS( 2 WICH ARE UNDER SANKIE 101)!!!!!!. then give the advice. This women needs some counselling. Don't even waste your time.
Anna you did the right thing going back to south park I am going to do the same.

PS. do not write back and get defensive with me, because I dont want to hear this **** cause it sickens my stomach. I am just speaking my mine.
I heard too many of you defensive words in the last thread:I NEED HELP! I MET A DOMINICAN MAN!............................

Last edited:

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Not Once Did I Mention I Was Getting Married

stallion said:
Hi Carrola
I can see you having problems in this thread. I just did a background check on your past DR1 forums. And you fell in love with a sankie from a resort in april 2004 while on your first vaction to DR. And in 8 yes 8 months you want to marry this man. I see you made your decision to marry him in the first night basically. I mean as you mentioned this guy lives in rio san juan( poor area) and he has 10 siblings( are you sure he does not have 10 kids!). You recieved many advice in that forum(66 posts) telling you that you are making a bad choice, you got defensive and made enemies on the forum. And now you want to get there advice to marry a super sankie. I think this thread should be redirected to sankie 101 immediatelly not under legal. ( i mean what you are doing is illigal kiddnapping a sankie). Also if people read your past threads some girl knew your boyfriends age(23) and she said she party with him, you twist the story line and say he is 30 to 35 to defend your self, but again you mentioned that you want to move to DR and settle with this guy who is (23) and you were 25. So you are lying all the way.
ALL MEMBERS BEFORE YOU GIVE ANY ADVICE I RECOMEND YOU READ ALL HER PAST POSTED THREADS( 2 WICH ARE UNDER SANKIE 101)!!!!!!. then give the advice. This women needs some counselling. Don't even waste your time.
Anna you did the right thing going back to south park I am going to do the same.

PS. do not write back and get defensive with me, because I dont want to hear this **** cause it sickens my stomach. I am just speaking my mine.
I heard too many of you defensive words in the last thread:I NEED HELP! I MET A DOMINICAN MAN!............................

Well this will be my last thread ever post in here. I never once said I was getting married or thinking of getting married. I am just gathering information about CA marrying DR. thats all....You have no ideal why I have posted this thread at all.. Ya when I first posted my thread 9 months ago I wanted to meet others who were in or have been in the situation. AND I am not being defensive, you can speak your mind, and who knew... I could speak mine aswell!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Look Corolla....

You should know that the vast majority of these cases do not work out. That is why I always insist on a reading of the Golfen Rules...

Actually, I think I did answer the question you posed..I forgot about the divorce part, but that is part of being single, I suppose.

But please be wise, be cautious and be very, very prudent...

HB

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
stallion said:

You PM me asking if i have something against you... i write you back and than i come across this post of yours... AGAIN insulting girls this time canadian girls for AAAAAALLLLLLLLL of them being over weight.. Dude seriously ******* grow up... your the one whos crying over your prostitues not being at crazy moon anymore...

once you judge someone on this forum your just askin to get judged back

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
COROLLA24 said:
Well this will be my last thread ever post in here. I never once said I was getting married or thinking of getting married. I am just gathering information about CA marrying DR. thats all....You have no ideal why I have posted this thread at all.. Ya when I first posted my thread 9 months ago I wanted to meet others who were in or have been in the situation. AND I am not being defensive, you can speak your mind, and who knew... I could speak mine aswell!!
Maybe you didn't say anything about marriage in this thread, but in another you certainly did, and that you are a Canadian interested in marrying a Dominican and living in Rio San Juan, so it was not unreasonable at all for people to assume you were talking about yourself in this thread. To quote you directly from that other thread:

I would like to permently move so I can marry my bf and live happily there.

In this thread you never said you were asking on behalf of anyone else...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Corolla....before giving up on the board please do the following......

Do a search for Beckyred11 then PM her.
She lived in Juan Dolio for 2 yrs. Met someone at thhe end of thhe first year and stayed for a second to be with him. She is now back in Canada with a new baby and trying to bring the father to Canada.
She can give you a good idea of what's what and how difficult life can be in the DR.
No she didn't follow HB's Three Golden Rules......yes she is Canadian, educated and over 25. Yes her BF (altho' NOT a resort worker) was/is a sankie. Yes she was warned and did listen for a year until she met MR Right.
Will she live happily ever after??? Only time will tell however I see heartbreak in the future.

Might I mention that I have yet in almost 15 years to see a Dominican who has snagged a foreigner sit patiently at home waiting for visa's. They still prowl the bar/discos, hit on the tourists in the resorts, hook up with anyone they can snag (just in case things don't work out with the absent "love" of their life), maintain their Dominican gf/wife or bf/husband , etc. etc.

I get tired of saying it because invariably someone else or one of the moderators gets on my case for being TOO negative! Well there's a VERY good reason why I tend to be negative.

Check out some of the other posters who have married in the past three years (just search for marrying or marry or married) and try to PM them to see how many are still together!

Yes there are successful unions also posted on the board however if you check them out ALL met HB's "Rules" or surpassed them.

Good luck.......

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
MommC said:
Check out some of the other posters who have married in the past three years (just search for marrying or marry or married) and try to PM them to see how many are still together!

Yes there are successful unions also posted on the board however if you check them out ALL met HB's "Rules" or surpassed them.

Good luck.......

Not to get on your case, MommC; I know you mean well and have seen a lot, as have I. I know there is a lot of negativeness to be had on this board, and in many cases, tienes razon . However, my husband Angel did not meet any of HB's rules, and five years later, I'm happier with him than I ever have been. Being that Angel never did go to the discos when he was single, and still in Canada does not prowl, I can say, without a doubt in my mind, that he was not prowling the discos while waiting for a visa. He was never a sankie, and I was the first foreign girlfriend he had. I didn't meet him in a hotel, I met him while I was living there and watching his ballgame, so I admit, my story is a little different. I had friends living in the area who went out all the time after I moved back home, and the only time they ever saw him was on the street during the day. If he did go out, it was to the sports club where he lives in Los Jaliscos playing dominoes. So however easy it is to paint everyone with the same brush, it's not fair. Everyone who meets someone and starts asking about them on this board is automatically criticized for being with a sankie. It then puts doubts in the woman's head, perhaps sin razon, and it poisons their minds. Unless you actually know the exact person they are talking about, how can everyone scar them and slander them this way? There are definitely good men to be found in the DR, so categorizing all of them is just not fair. I do encourage anyone wanting to make a commitment to a Dominican to live there and see the other side of their lives before marrying, however, I realize not everyone is in a position to do so. Point of the matter is, these women are going to do what they want and learn the lessons they need to learn no matter what any stranger tells them. So why do we care enough about this complete stranger that we want to warn them about someone we have no clue about his intentions or feelings?

PS (ETA)
Not to single you out by quoting you, MommC, that was not my intention - I could've quoted a number of posts in this thread and made the same argument. Your's was just the closest to the bottom! :)

Last edited:

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
la_barbie said:
You PM me asking if i have something against you... i write you back and than i come across this post of yours... AGAIN insulting girls this time canadian girls for AAAAAALLLLLLLLL of them being over weight.. Dude seriously ******* grow up... your the one whos crying over your prostitues not being at crazy moon anymore...

Barbie,

I think you should mind your own f****** business. And leave me alone. I never said my prostitutes were denied entry, I simply said i noticed Dominican women denied entry. I never mentioned them being putas. And being accompanied by me.

PS: learn how to spell this word PROSTITUTES, And become familiar with it cuz it will become handy for you!. You spelled it prostitues.
Anyways case clossed and find something else to reply on. If you respond you go no life and tooooo much time. Later.

player69

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 31, 2004
la_barbie said:

Damn girl,

Why you so hard on this dude. I think's ho's like you got some issues. Or maybe you are on your period or something. Since Stallion is getting away from you, then take your anger and stress on me. Cuz i love to be challenged.
Yo Stallion leave this Ho to me alright!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
No offense taken trina! Yours is one of the success stories I love to hear

as is Jane J's!
I know Angel wasn't a sankie (and I 've been informed neither was Jane J's ) and I know he didn't fit HB's rules but I also know you didn't meet him in a disco at a resort and you also were living there at the time (altho' even the fact that you were living there doesn't mean you couldn't have been snagged!).
What I was getting at was that far too many people (men and women) are blind-sided by the island, the climate, the beauty, and the romance to truly "see" what is right in front of their noses.
I hope it works out for Corolla24 and BeckyRed and (oh you get the picture!)..........having been married for almost 35 yrs to the same man I just wish everyone could find a "True Love" that truly is "True"!
Sigh........
Happy New Years everyone and may ALL your dreams come true!!!

Last edited:

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
thank you TRINA

trina said:
Unless you actually know the exact person they are talking about, how can everyone scar them and slander them this way? There are definitely good men to be found in the DR, so categorizing all of them is just not fair. So why do we care enough about this complete stranger that we want to warn them about someone we have no clue about his intentions or feelings? :)

THANK YOU TRINA FOR THESE LINES

IT IS ALL TRUE WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN!!!!!
there are GOOD and BAD people EVERYWHERE!!!!!

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
player69 said:
Damn girl,

Why you so hard on this dude. I think's ho's like you got some issues. Or maybe you are on your period or something. Since Stallion is getting away from you, then take your anger and stress on me. Cuz i love to be challenged.
Yo Stallion leave this Ho to me alright!

Thanks Player69 for taking my side. And as for barbie girl she is all your bro.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
stallion said:
Thanks Player69 for taking my side. And as for barbie girl she is all your bro.
stallion your not the only one who speaks their mind.. im just judging you the same way you like judge women by their weight, nationality, etc (and don't gimme the BS that you don't)...so if you can't handle people talking back (after all your posts are for everyone to read) and have to play the retarded spelling game cause I spelt ONE word wrong (off course you know how to spell prostitutes), you might as well find a nice hole in the wall cause by the looks of it, it the only kind of hole your getting ..

I'm only giving you the same amount of respect that I see you give others ..

Player69, you want a challenge, you got one... I ain't no easy cookie ! :)

Corolla you can also PM me with any questions

Last edited:

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
COROLLA24 said:
THANK YOU TRINA FOR THESE LINES

IT IS ALL TRUE WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN!!!!!
there are GOOD and BAD people EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Corolla23,
I am a Canadian who married a Dominican in the Dominican Republic. Having been through this process, I think I can answer your inquiry. Please feel free to PM me with any specific questions that you have. I will not judge you, critisize you, make negative assumptions or offer any unsolicited advice.
Happy New Year,
Nelly