Sorry to have to tell you all this

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
But at 3:10 this morning El Jefe passed away. His sisters and mother were with him as he fell asleep, peacefully and then, just went to a better place.

My last email from him was a gruesome tale of fistuals and terrible uncomfort.but, as he said, "I'M BACK ON LINE!!!"

Carl Moreno , a.k.a. El Jefe, knew the DR from back in Trujillo's times and was in Santo Domingo when the dictator was killed. I think he took a lot of information to the grave.

His opinions were always wise and to the point. He shall be missed.

HB, very sadly.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Oh No :cry: I got that email too. So sad.

Rest in peace Carl. We will miss you dear friend

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Hillbilly said:
But at 3:10 this morning El Jefe passed away. His sisters and mother were with him as he fell asleep, peacefully and then, just went to a better place.

My last email from him was a gruesome tale of fistuals and terrible uncomfort.but, as he said, "I'M BACK ON LINE!!!"

Carl Moreno , a.k.a. El Jefe, knew the DR from back in Trujillo's times and was in Santo Domingo when the dictator was killed. I think he took a lot of information to the grave.

His opinions were always wise and to the point. He shall be missed.

HB, very sadly.

Wow that is so sad.
May he RIP.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
as i recall, this was his third battle with cancer. what a horrible disease.

i'm glad he was able to get on line here before Christmas. and yes, he will be missed.

mob

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Thank you for reporting this, Hillbilly. Carl, rest in peace. You will be sadly missed.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
May he rest in peace. Did he not tell us a few months ago that another child had been born? I know he was absent from this board for many months, but I think the other day he came back and posted a message. I remember when he said he was sick but happy because a new baby boy had been born. Is that right Hillbilly?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Tis is the second man I called a friend who has passed this holiday season......

May his spirit join those that have gone before and may his family find comfort in knowing that his suffering has ended and a new adventure begun!
He will be missed!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Vaya Con Dios" JEFE!

May the "Presidente" be "dressed" in a "Vestido de Novia"!
The beaches warm.The "Pierna" juicy.And the "Con Con crispy!
You are missed,but never forgotten!!!

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
El Jefe is in a better place...

Its amazing that although he was going thru so much pain he found time to keep his virtual friends updated.

May he rest in peace.

Lina

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
With your permission

I am going to send this link to Carl's family. His Dad sent me a note saying that they were putting together a book of condolences for his Mom.

I'm not sure if any of you remember this but he lived across the street form one of the major players in the Trujillo assassination....went to scholl with a lot of interesting people...

HB