Vodu Dominicana

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
No Tours

westcoastfantas said:
My wife and I are going to Boca Chica in June 05. Are there any tours of Voodoo ceremonies in DR?

I doubt there are any organized tours of "Voodoo" ceremonies in this country. Voodoo is not welcome on this side of the island.

Regards,
PJT

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Last edited:

westcoastfantas

Dec 30, 2004
Check it out. I'm not confusing Haiti with the DR. I've been reading the web, books, etc. concerning the DR. From what I understand there are many Haitians that live there. Have they suddently quit practicing their religion. What about Santeria or any of the african derived religions?

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
westcoastfantas said:
I was posting before I could read the previous post. I will check out the search feature. Thanks.

I think nobody knows man. My suggestion is that when you go to the DR, visit puerto plata and ask the haitans living there. I think they can give you a tour or help you. Good luck man.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Voodoo, or Vodun is a bonafide religion, derived from one of the oldest African religious traditions, probably older than Christianity. Voodoo is the official religion of Haiti. What Voodoo is not, is a spectacle, an entertainment show for tourist. This does not deny that there are coreographies and music inspired from certain Voodoo ceremonies and rituals. In the DR, especially in the border provinces, Voodoo is practiced by the local population, and there's also a local version, which is called 'La 21 Division', where the number '21' is used emblematically, or cabalistically, to signify 'The Totality of the Spirit World'.

Mirador

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Haiti is the place that you will be able to find voodoo. I know frmo Puerto Plata, there are day tours into Hati, not sure about the southern island, if they offer the same type of tours.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Voodoo is a taboo subject in the DR. Dominicans and Haitians alike have many supertitions and fears so they do not like to talk openly about such things as spirits,voodoo,witches . I used to live there and am a physic and also read tarot cards. Many people avoided me once they knew this. Not only did they avoid me but also told others to stay away from me because I was a witch. ( I am a good witch; LOL) Some of my closer friends would teach me some things about how Dominicans or Haitians felt but for the most part the majority of people refused to discuss such things. It is a tough subject to learn about because it is so taboo.