Remember the lady or gentleman that was bitten by a dog in Sos?a?

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Probably because it was a 'church bat.'
:)
Happy New Year to all.
Blessings.
mkohn

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
DR dogs are scary, and not only the stray ones.

For me, jogging in big cities is a fun way to do sightseeing. (Yeah, I know I am weird!). Wherever I am on this planet, I often take off jogging along the streets, getting a workout and having a look at the neighbourhoods at the same time.

Well, I was jogging in Santo Domingo in August last year. As I passed a house, the dog living there disapproved of me passing by and it charged at me! Gracias por Dios, there was a metal fence between me and the dog but it didn't stop until it crashed into the fence, barking like mad.

I was totally surprised and I fell to the ground, badly hurting me knee. It took several weeks for my wound to heal and today I have a scar on my knee to remind me of the lack of hospitality shown by DR dog owners.

Are there no obedience schools for dogs in DR? Including their owners?

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
I was bitten not long ago and have had the shots, every day for a week and I have my follow up shots over the next few weeks and months. Good news for me is that I've seen the dog around in these last few days so I know it's still alive but was not going to take any chance.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, now you know

At least you know that the dog is just a nasty canine, and not a rabid one! Tha must be comforting. Carry a baseball bat when he is around. It might teach him a lesson.

Very Glad to hear you are all right.

HB :D