Traveling in 2 Weeks to Puerto Plata -- School Donations

kemaris

Jan 3, 2005
My friend and I are traveling to the DR in 2 weeks. This will be the first trip for either of us. We will spend 4 days in Puerto Plata, and 4 days in Santo Domingo.

I've read about helping out some schools with supplies? Is this still done? I will be staying at the Marien Coral in Puerto Plata.

Thanks!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
kemaris said:
My friend and I are traveling to the DR in 2 weeks. This will be the first trip for either of us. We will spend 4 days in Puerto Plata, and 4 days in Santo Domingo.

I've read about helping out some schools with supplies? Is this still done? I will be staying at the Marien Coral in Puerto Plata.

Thanks!

Yes, it is still done & always appreciated. Check out Scoobsters posts for Fundacion Patria & see who you can donate to at the Victoria Resort Hotel in Playa Dorada complex (just up the road/beach from Coral Merien!). If that fails or does not suit you, get on the internet from the hotel lobby & get into DR1 then PM me with a room number so that I can contact you. I will gladly take you up to Intergracion Juvenil (a school for abused children & orphans) which is about 5 minutes drive from Coral Merien. I live just five minutes th town side of your hotel, so it is no distance for me to come see you & take you up to the school. ~ Grtahame.

john cast

Oct 3, 2004
Visit

BushBaby said:
Yes, it is still done & always appreciated. Check out Scoobsters posts for Fundacion Patria & see who you can donate to at the Victoria Resort Hotel in Playa Dorada complex (just up the road/beach from Coral Merien!). If that fails or does not suit you, get on the internet from the hotel lobby & get into DR1 then PM me with a room number so that I can contact you. I will gladly take you up to Intergracion Juvenil (a school for abused children & orphans) which is about 5 minutes drive from Coral Merien. I live just five minutes th town side of your hotel, so it is no distance for me to come see you & take you up to the school. ~ Grtahame.
MY WIFE AND MYSELF WE ALSO BE IN THE DR SOSUA JAN 16TH CAN YOU FIND THE TIME TO TAKE US TOO INTERGRACION JUVENIL SOMETIME THAT WEEK WE BOUGHT SOME SCHOOL SUPPLIES AND TRIED TO GET SOME FYI BUT NO LUCK johncasterline@hotmail.com

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Who To Contact

kemaris,
If you are at CM, you can contact: Sra. Joamilka Contreras or Sr. Reyson Pimentel. They are affilliated with Fundacion Patria. FP was started by hotel managers for the purpose of improving the schools for the Dominican Children.

If you would like to learn more about FP, locate the thread: Help The Schools Via Fundacion Patria. It's in the General section of the Travel forum. It may be on page 2, but it has loads of info for you.

Please post trip results on that forum if you would.

Enjoy your Dominican experience :)

SB