Dominican Residency Renewal

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
For those of you who hate it when you have to go down to Migraci?n to renew your residency, you'll be happy to hear that things have gotten pretty well organized and customer service is much, much better. I went last week to get my card (provisional to definite) and after 1 hour I was on my way out, and pretty impressed! Hopefully they'll keep it up!

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
KateP said:
For those of you who hate it when you have to go down to Migraci?n to renew your residency, you'll be happy to hear that things have gotten pretty well organized and customer service is much, much better. I went last week to get my card (provisional to definite) and after 1 hour I was on my way out, and pretty impressed! Hopefully they'll keep it up!
A reminder to anyone going to renew a Residency. Men, wear long pants; women wear a conservative outfit that covers the shoulders. Two years ago in very warm weather I wore shorts and my Wife wore an outfit that did not cover her shoulders. The result...... We were refused service until we left and returned with the appropriate clothing........So "When in Rome"....Canadian Bob.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
KateP said:

It has been this way since they computerized and moved to current location. It is the result of efforts by Leonel during his first term in office to ready the DR into the 21st century.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Ken said:
It has been this way since they computerized and moved to current location. It is the result of efforts by Leonel during his first term in office to ready the DR into the 21st century.

The last time I went there was last year and it was a total mess... took me 2 days to get my residency, plus $$ for a couple of people. Now, you don't have to give money to anyone and they receive you with a smile. You don't see people stacked up around the desk area and they answer your questions clearly...