Hotel in Santiago

emily

Dec 1, 2003
What is the best hotel in Santiago? My plane lands at 2:00 in the morning, so 24 hour access is important. Since I am travelling alone I would like it to be safe and very comfortable.

Thanks for your help and suggestions

Russco Dominico

Dec 12, 2004
emily said:
What is the best hotel in Santiago? My plane lands at 2:00 in the morning, so 24 hour access is important. Since I am travelling alone I would like it to be safe and very comfortable.

Thanks for your help and suggestions
The Hotel Del Sol not bad. although i prefer the hotel Dorado mas barato.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I've stayed in Hotel Aloha del Sol. Pretty decent place in a good location. Everything (supermarkets/internet/banks-ATMs/stores) is within walking distance. Since I was there last, I'm sure prices have gone up.

Also stayed in Hotel Platino. Decent hotel, but not as central to Calle del Sol as Aloha del Sol. About the same price as Aloha del Sol.

Both places are 24 hour places. Someone will be there to assist you at reception. Both places are safe. Do a search on the hotels here on DR1 for contact info.

Suerte!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A little more help

Here is the phone number for Hotel Aloha Sol: (809) 583 0090

Call ahead, make your reservation, and be sure that you tell them that you will be coming in on the Jet Blue flight. Cab fare to the hotel from the airport is about RD$450 or $15,00.

Make sure you have a deal with the taxi driver before you get in the vehicle.

HB :D