Moving to the DR?

Mike and Roma

Jan 3, 2005
We have been looking at properties in the DR with thoughts of moving here within the next five years. We are primarily looking in the North Coast (from Sosua to Samana). I have a preference for the Samana area. I have read a number of threads and understand that most of you think it is crazy to buy property without spending considerable time there first. However, we are anxious to start looking at least. We have thought about buying a peice of land now and then perhaps building in the near future.

A number of articles found on the internet have indicated that the prices of real estate we are finding on the net are likely inflated. So far, I have been contacting these agencies directly but would feel better if we could find a contact/agent that we could trust. Also, we don't speak spanish.

We are coming to the D.R. the week of February 10th and hope to spend that week looking at properties. If anyone has information or advise that they can give us that would be great.

Thanks, Roma and Mike

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Mike and Roma, I'll be PMing you the names and contact info for agents in Samana and Sosua/Cabarete that I know and trust.

You must be careful. A lot of people come here to make money in selling real estate and don't care what they must do or say to get the sale.

livvie

Jan 3, 2005
Hi Roma & Mike

Me and my husband are planning to do the same thing in March. Going over for a week or two and looking at property on the North coast. Perhaps you can let us know which agents you used and how you rated them. At the moment the only real estate agents we have found have been the ones on DR1. (It seems these few crop up time & time again)

Sorry we can't help with any information but wish you a very successful trip and please let us know how things worked out for you.

Happy house hunting - Kim & John