PO BOXES rates

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I?m looking into getting a PO Box (so I can receive my Canadian maple syrup) and was comparing the rates. If some of you had bad experiences with one of them, please let me know. ;)

For those interested here is the info:

CPS Continental
Tel. 563-2000
Roberto Pastoriza 402
Price per pound: US$3.50
http://www.cps-dom.com/?lang=esl

PO Box Internacional
G. Scouts 4
Price per pound: US$3.40
http://www.pobox-intl.com/

Jet Pack
Tel. 563-2727
Roberto Pastoriza 216
Price per pound: US$3.15
http://www.ijetpack.com/?lang=esl

Business Mail
Roberto Pastoriza 1
Tel. 683-1919
http://www.businessmailweb.com/espanol/home.htm

Mail boxes
Tiradentes 10
Tel. 412-2330
Price per pound: US$3.00

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Very useful information, thanks

Now if you want to perhaps trade some maple syrup, we can talk about that . I have a nice collection, as Robert can atest to, and I am always wanting to add to the collection.

Cordially

HB :D:D:D

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Naufraga signed us up with CPS, and so far so good. A good friend who uses CPS recommended them, and she's been very happy with them. Gotta be careful about junk mail though. Ordering through the internet or catalogs, then they sell your address, which generates the junk mail, cause you gotta pick it up and pay for it. Suprised at your question though. What have you been doing about mail all these years?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
All these places are in SD.

We're with P O Box International, and have been for about 5 years now. No complaints. Nice people.

They have a system with junk mail where you leave the offending catalogues with them, and pay a token fee. They supply you with all the necessary info for getting on to the US mailing preference service, which effectively blocks your name off all commercial mailing lists. It's been a long time since we received any junk mail as a result.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Naufrago said:
Naufraga signed us up with CPS, and so far so good. A good friend who uses CPS recommended them, and she's been very happy with them. Gotta be careful about junk mail though. Ordering through the internet or catalogs, then they sell your address, which generates the junk mail, cause you gotta pick it up and pay for it. Suprised at your question though. What have you been doing about mail all these years?[/QUOTE]

I always had friends or family bringing me my dose of maple sirup or I was using a friend's PO box! :nervous:

kkneafsey

Aug 9, 2004
CPS to Santiago?

Does CPS deliver to Santiago? I was originally going to the be living in Santo Domingo and my company set me up an account there. Now I will be in Santiago and would like to receive my mail there.

Also -- does the service just entail going by the office and picking up your mail from a box (similiar to the US)?

and how does sending mail back work? I will be needing to mail envelopes to the US every once and a while.
(Curious to find a way to get my netflix movies down here --and then back up... www.netflix.com)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
kkneafsey said:
Does CPS deliver to Santiago? I was originally going to the be living in Santo Domingo and my company set me up an account there. Now I will be in Santiago and would like to receive my mail there.

Also -- does the service just entail going by the office and picking up your mail from a box (similiar to the US)?

and how does sending mail back work? I will be needing to mail envelopes to the US every once and a while.
(Curious to find a way to get my netflix movies down here --and then back up... www.netflix.com)

I just called them up, they also have an office in Santiago and you can transfer your account there to receive your packages! You pick up your packages at the office and of course you can also send out mail! ;)

CPS Continental
3ra No Z-4 Metropolitano
Santiago
(809) 971-5494
cps.santiago@cps.dom.com

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
At "EPS",you don't pay for "Junk Mail"!

Or anything else you don't want! You just pay for what you want.They charge a little more than some other companies,but I am sent a lot of "Catalogs" and other junk that I don't want,or have,to pay for!I like their computer tracking system too! CC

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Does this mean that if I am in Missouri and want to send a box of goods to family in Santiago that the family receiving would need to have a mailbox through one of these companies and that I would pay to get it to say a Mailbox location here in the US and then our family in Santiago would pay to pick up whatever I sent? Sorry I am still confused about the sending of packages from the US. I did call an individual in New York and they said they would send a certain size box after I sent to them for $90. Thanks
Also does the word Inscription mean the cost of the mailbox in DR?

juanita said:
I’m looking into getting a PO Box (so I can receive my Canadian maple syrup) and was comparing the rates. If some of you had bad experiences with one of them, please let me know. ;)

For those interested here is the info:

CPS Continental
Tel. 563-2000
Roberto Pastoriza 402
Price per pound: US$3.50
http://www.cps-dom.com/?lang=esl

PO Box Internacional
G. Scouts 4
http://www.pobox-intl.com/

Jet Pack
Tel. 563-2727
Roberto Pastoriza 216
Price per pound: US$3.15
http://www.ijetpack.com/?lang=esl

Business Mail
Roberto Pastoriza 1
Tel. 683-1919
http://www.businessmailweb.com/espanol/home.htm

Mail boxes
Tiradentes 10
Tel. 412-2330
Price per pound: US$3.00

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Teacher, If the family uses one of these services, which they pay a yearly fee for (the inscription fee); You simply mail the package to the US location, for example, Miami. They in turn will have to pay their service the price per pound fee when they pick it up here in the DR. Hope that helps.

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Naufrago said:
Teacher, If the family uses one of these services, which they pay a yearly fee for (the inscription fee); You simply mail the package to the US location, for example, Miami. They in turn will have to pay their service the price per pound fee when they pick it up here in the DR. Hope that helps.

That does help Naufrago. So if my daughter in law subscribes to PO Box international for example, I will be sending the box to them in a location here in the US say by DHL for example then PO Box sends to a PO Box International location say in Santiago and my daughter in law then would pay the per pound fee there in Santiago at the location of PO BOx International? Correct?
Thanks

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
medication

Ok I know I could email some people and get this question answered but it is probably something of interest to many.
My mother may follow me down a year or two after I get down. Can she have her prescriptions mailed through eds legally or would she need to set up a po box in Florida and fly there once every other month or so and pick them up?
John

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Just a comment. When using these services you are charged per pound or per size of package....you will be charged whichever fee is higher. So if they ship you a one pound item but the box is the size that the receiving company considers a five pound box...you will pay for five pounds. This has happened to me twice with Business Mail. You have to specify to the person or company shipping the item...to ship in as small a box as possible.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
For John

Medications are no problem with Business Mail or EPS. My medications arrived this past Friday and Business Mail charged me for a 1 pound package - 102 pesos and no customs duty.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
EPS prices....

A couple of weeks ago I was told that to receive 4 packages that between them were not heavy would cost around 200 dollars if I paid in Pesos. They told me that the peso to dollar rate was 37 / 1 when the street rate was 28. They get quite insistant if you tell them you don't want junk mail. Recently my wife was told to pay for a package that I had already paid for. By the way - the packages contained nappies worth around 50 bucks. Work it out for yourselves.

I'd rather continue to manage to get the occassional package through the DR post (Recently we've lost a run of four parcels on the trot with them).

In my opinion, the only solution is to invite friends over and tell them to fetch along evferything you need.