A thank you and a kinda trip report

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Most gracious open house in Puerto Plata hosted by my golf partner Bush Baby and "She Who Must Be Obeyed" . Tons of people there some I had met and others that it was a real pleasure to meet. Even some charming children!.

I truly appreciated the atmosphere of good cheer and the really interesting conversation. Hopefully, I also got a golf game out of the whole thing and actually heard of a new, quite original, proposal for a tourist project. I can only hope it gets going because it will draw in a new class of tourists that the area can really use.

As things would have it I took the Luper?n Tourist Highway which was the subject of several front page photographs. Yes the houses are slipping into the valley. Yes there are houses perched on the edge of total destruction. And, oh my God, yes, there is going to be a total washout/landslide someday soon. Now that "soon" could be tempered as a geological "soon" but I do not think so.

As I posted on another thread, one section of the roadway has dropped nearly 1/2 a meter and slipped sideways well over a meter!!

And another section has dropped close to 1/2 meter also...Big trouble if we have a wet month...

Again, thank you for the hospitality, and again a sincere Happy New Year to all that were there.

HB :D

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
We thank YOU for braving earth, wind, fire, rain AND the Carretera Turistica to get to Puerto Plata...........& a special thanks for the personalised pink fluffy which I shall have very close to my skin! ;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Without wishing to get too sloppy & sentimental about things, it is always a pleasure to be in your company HB - Your company at OUR home is almost as good as playing golf with you ........... ALmost!!! We were obviously disappointed that Asuncion could not make it as well & trust that the offending employee will be suitably chastised by her & you in the fullness in time. I will be pleased to add MY displeasure directly to him on my next visit down if you think it appropriate!! My best regards to my fighting buddy & wish her (like yourself) the most fantasticly Happy & Rewarding of years throughout 2005 (& beyond!!).

Like Lambada, I thank you for my personalised soft yellow thing & hope it will get into close proximity of her personalised soft pink thing soon (especially if it is going to be next to her skin!!!).

To ALL who attended the shindig, thanks for coming & sharing the commencement of 2005 with us. You all appeared to be having fun & getting around to make new contacts & friends with others present, Ex-Pat & Dominicans alike. ~ Grahame.
To those who didn't show up, humble pie may be eaten by a quick word to She who must be Obeyed!!

Doodoo

Jun 1, 2004
A big thank you

A big Thank you goes to Grahame and She who must be obeyed for a most enjoyable afternoon. We all enjoyed the company of those who attended the gathering. A big hello goes to HB, it was lovely to meet your aquaintance after all this time. It was a pleasure to listen and learn many interesting things from yourself. We hope to be able to meet with you again soon.
Debby(doodoo), Brian and Emily

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly said:
As things would have it I took the Luper?n Tourist Highway which was the subject of several front page photographs. Yes the houses are slipping into the valley. Yes there are houses perched on the edge of total destruction. And, oh my God, yes, there is going to be a total washout/landslide someday soon. Now that "soon" could be tempered as a geological "soon" but I do not think so.

As I posted on another thread, one section of the roadway has dropped nearly 1/2 a meter and slipped sideways well over a meter!!

And another section has dropped close to 1/2 meter also...Big trouble if we have a wet month...

Again, thank you for the hospitality, and again a sincere Happy New Year to all that were there.

HB :D

This could be the month. What a lot of rain we are getting. Frequent downpours the past few days can't be doing that road any good--assuming it is getting the same rain we are in Sosua.

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Absolutely

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Grahame and Ginnie for showing tremendous hospitality and genuine care. My wife just spent 10 days traveling from the north coast through Santiago and then onto her hometown of Cotui. From picking her up at the airport to inviting her into their home/and lives for a few days, sight unseen, goes a long way in ones postive viewing of the state of humanity. Hillbilly you were also a very gracious help to Marianela, and we hope all of you will continue to be a part of our future lives.

Trip report coming soon, so I won't ramble any longer. Thanks a ton, and see you soon!

Ian