Sep 22, 2003
Where can i get picture of this hotel?
what the price for hotel?
what the phone number?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here is what I have

No pictures that I know of.

You can call them at 276 6400 and the fax is 276 6404 Area code 809.

I think rates are about RD$1800 a night. let me check on that....

Current rates are: RD$1500 single and RD$1800 double.

HB :D:D

P.S. The older rooms have the best view and the newer rooms are nicer.

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
When I stayed there three weeks ago, there was water leaking into my room. I changed rooms but again, water dripping from the ceiling.

That was a rainy weekend, so I guess the roof just couldn't take it.

I stayed in one of the older rooms, with the view.

If you are planning to drive there, make sure to good driving directions. It is very (=VERY) difficult to find. We finally gave up and hired a taxi to pilot us to the place.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Voyager, it was based on your trip report

That I mentioned the "view" versus the "room" ...I was unhappy to hear that one of my favorite spots had deteriorated. But, with the death of Jos? Manuel, the owner, I think that the family might well be milking the place rather then investing in upkeep...Would be a sad thing. It is a beautiful spot.

I think I have a set of directions on my hard drive, if anyone needs them give me a hollar...

HB :D:D

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
A beautiful spot indeed!!!

Howdy Hillbilly!

Yes, Camp David Ranch has a fantastic location. The views are stunning and when it is not raining, the cool mountain breeze is so refreshing.

The area actually reminded me a bit of Smoky Mountains, but with less forest. If that is where you have your roots? It does have a similar esoteric touch to it, triggering at least my imagination.

All you need to do to feel happy is sit on the veranda outside the restaurant or maybe the balcony of your own room, sip a beer and allow the view to put you into a soothing mellow mind.

The potential of the place is so great! When I was there, I couldn't help thinking that "...if this was my place, I would do this and that and this and that". My mind was just brimming (brimming?) with ideas!

Nature walks with a guide. 4WD with a guide. Not sure about the dirt tracks in the area?

And theme weekends: Maybe bird watching? Wine testing? Beer testing? Meditation and healing? Expat meetings? Weekend retreats for business men? Courses in painting? Gourmet weekends for luvbirds? Midweek visits by school kids for education on nature? Concerts? And a zillion other things!

But then again... it is not my place... so...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We seem to have stolen the guy's thread...hehe

Nope, I'm a West Virginia boy...Appalachias, coal mines, rhododendron

You want Smokey Mtn. smells, go out to the mountains in Jarabacoa or Los Montones or Monci?n or Restauraci?n!!

And it is a great place to hang and relax. Yes it is. Man, you are full of ideas!!...Ought to talk with those people...

HB :D:D:D

burmell

Jan 12, 2002
Hillbilly, I'm sorry to hear that Jose died. Is it possible that his son Jose Jr is running the place? I was Jose Jr's teacher at Santiago Christian School. I once tried to ride my single speed biciclye up there. I was told by a fellow at the bottom filling a water taker that it was impossible. H later picked up this near death 55 year old, as well as his bile and took me to the top. What a ride coming down.

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Hillbilly said:
Nope, I'm a West Virginia boy...Appalachias, coal mines, rhododendron.... HB :D:D:D

West Virginia, huh? Passed thru once, driving from New York to New Orleans (and on to LA, via San Diego).

Been to Jarabacoa, by the way. Nice city and beautiful area. Never thought about Smokey Mtns when I was there, but when I think back, I see what you mean, HB.

Anyway, enough hijacking of this thread...

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Camp DAvid Hotel - prices ? ? ?

When you call & make a reservation, ask @ the hotel's pricing policy. I stayed there twice. I agree with the members' judgment @ views. But, . . . . approx 26% is added to ALL prices. This is a 10% "service charge" + the 16% VAT. Does the help ever see the service charge? Does the Gov't ever see the VAT, or ITIBIS? I don't know.

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
Apart hotel

gringosabroso said:
When you call & make a reservation, ask @ the hotel's pricing policy. I stayed there twice. I agree with the members' judgment @ views. But, . . . . approx 26% is added to ALL prices. This is a 10% "service charge" + the 16% VAT. Does the help ever see the service charge? Does the Gov't ever see the VAT, or ITIBIS? I don't know.

does camp david have apart hotels? do they have a website?

i am despereratly looking for a Apart Hotel in Santiago..not inexoensive and with access to High Speed Internet...
.for arrival next week Thursday teh 13th..

can anyone guide my and my friends the right direction...

is Camp David any good?